🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got these pictures to down load from my old flip phone
e14010.gif
My friend found this button last year here in the San Jose area . It was a good 8 inches deep and is a bit bigger than a dime . It has CSA on it ! Confederate States of America ?????? Any info would be great !
Glen

Attachments

• CSA BUTTON.jpg
    CSA BUTTON.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 116
  • BACK OF CSA BUTTON.jpg
    BACK OF CSA BUTTON.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 1
Looks like a reenactors kepi button (the wire loop is for the button to thread into the kepi. Unfortunately it is not an actual civil war button.

Looks like a reenactors kepi button (the wire loop is for the button to thread into the kepi. Unfortunately it is not an actual civil war button.

I knew it had to be fake or reenactment type . I told my buddy this but he didn't want to believe that . Thanks
Glen

No doubt that got your attention! Even though it's a reproduction its a cool find.

I spent 10 years doing CW reenactments (as a Reb) in the parks in the south bay (eg Ed Levin Park on the east side of S.J., Roaring Camp park in Felton...). Looks like a button we lost. Happened all the time.
As an aside, good job on the rings and a "well done" to your son for finding and returning "Matts" wedding ring!

I spent 10 years doing CW reenactments (as a Reb) in the parks in the south bay (eg Ed Levin Park on the east side of S.J., Roaring Camp park in Felton...). Looks like a button we lost. Happened all the time.
As an aside, good job on the rings and a "well done" to your son for finding and returning "Matts" wedding ring!

Great info ! Thanks
Glen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back