VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman and I hit a CSA Cav. Camp last week. He has already posted his finds including the nice nipple protector made from a .58 cal. 3 ringer and several bullets. When he found where a Confederate Soldier unloaded the cylinder from his .44 Colt, he dug all 5 BEFORE he came to get me. I would have done the same thing and he knows that.
This camp had a full brigade of CSA Cavalry camped there for several weeks. I recovered the stirrup bottom from what we think is the far South end of the camp. Most of the bullets that we found there came from the North end. The iron piece on the top right looks like a piece from a wagon-possibly where one of the wooden standards fit into the wagon bed. If you have a better guess, let me know. The underwear button looks like pewter.
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting from Tennessee!!!

Attachments

• CSA Camp 10-08.jpg
    CSA Camp 10-08.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 422
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Nice dig's VOL....One thing I have to do is start concentrating on the CS around these part's,it's definetly here :thumbsup: Congrat's and HH!!

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Every piece of anything that is CS or Union (CIVIL WAR) is a piece of HISTORY
Congrats on your finds,You never know when if your next hit is a Buckle or Button :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
The brass stirrup is a great find.. :thumbsup: I can't wait to get back out there. :tongue3:
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread