CSA Treasure(s)/Treasury...?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Marshall Plantation...? Look for an Acacia Tree, on a MOUND of EARTH (covered up Well); SOMETHING was thrown into it by slaves... they threw dirt over it. @ 4' from top, slaves were killed and thrown into well; REBELS "topped off" well, mounded it & planted a Sprig of Acacia to "mark the spot". (Legend).
The State of Florida Marker describing the Union March 10,1865 raid on Marshall was knocked down.
http://www.ocala.com/article2016212/articles/16219895?p=1&tc=pg
Article also provides history and what remains of the plantation today.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Author Steve Barry has a new book coming out ,April,4, 2017 about the KGC and the lost Confederate treasure called THE LOST ORDER. Yes it is a Cotton Malone novel, but as with all of Barry's works, contains researched historical facts.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Author Steve Barry has a new book coming out ,April,4, 2017 about the KGC and the lost Confederate treasure called THE LOST ORDER. Yes it is a Cotton Malone novel, but as with all of Barry's works, contains researched historical facts.
FACTION!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK here is some info that has floated around for years but might give someone some decent leads to investigate or research ---------------- When Sherman left Atlanta he traveled in 3 flanks . since he had been an engineer by schooling at the Point and he had done an " internship " mapping Georgia His line of march from TN to Atlanta is what is now I 75 , his flanks mainly traveled over what is now the Interstates in Georgia When he left Atlanta in Nov 1864 One flank traveled on what is now I 20 east the other traveled in what is now I 16 . the third was the flank that Foraged the area for food ect.
I 16 begins just outside of Macon, Ga and heads directly to Savanah , Ga . When Sherman got to Macon he shelled the city because the CSA pistol factory was located there but also the Treasure of the CSA resided there . The Treasures home still stands today and shows the signs of being hit by a cannon ball. BUT to this day there is a hidden doorway under a stair well that leads to the documented UNDERGROUND TUNNELS OF MACON , The tunnels lead through the old downtown area and have exits throughout the historic district through buildings, The tunnels have never been fully explored since due to expansion of the city flooding and building owners sealing the entry points. This all can be researched on the web I just dont have time to find all the links. One branch of the tunnel has an entry or exit ( depends on if your coming or going ) at a period cemetery at an old monastery , That is where it is beleived any treasury has been moved to also note parts of the tunnels that have been explored have yielded metal pots and digging tools. As a side note I 16 traveling east passes through Milledgeville, GA the Georgia Capital after Atlanta fell ! Good Luck

General Wheeler carried a large portion of the treasure out of Atlanta before it was burned. At the Alcova River, Wheeler and his men buried a large kettle of gold. While a crew was working on the bridge, a former slave now owner of a plantation there told them of gold being buried on the property. While there were excavating a large tree on the banks of the river they found the kettle of gold. At least one of the men did, he secreted it away and started a huge business. Later he wrote a letter in the Southern Historical Papers about wanting to get in touch with some of Wheeler's men that carried a box of clothes to the Alcova River of course he was referring to the kettle of gold. His wealth must have affected his judgement. I know the man's name and his business. His descendants have since purchased property in Abbeville County searching for a larger portion of the gold buried there. One day the real story about the Confederate Treasury will come to light.

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Varina Davis wasn't "in" her hubby's "Circle"; JD didn't steal ANY of the Treasury... he made sure that VIRGINIA got it's "piece", as the "RICHMOND STORES"; which Gen. Robert E. Lee recommended be sent to Lynchburg, Va. & "points" WEST & SOUTH. O.R. has this recommendation; AND! "RICHMOND STORES" became the "BEALE TREASURE" as indicated in PV's last book... novel/FACTION; Confederate Treasure Coverup

Link is long dead. What did Peter say about the CSA Treasury?

Thanks!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
PV's book is still available on Amazon, I think. He wrote his "theory" at that time, that "THE BEALE" was "Richmond Stores" that had been moved to Lynchburg, Va. and "points" WEST (Bedford County, Va.) before the "Fall" of Richmond, Va. Lynchburg, Va. was the LAST State Capital of Virginia, April 7-10, 1865. Written in a form of a NOVEL (FACTION); FICTION based on FACTS, as is the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet... high-ranking CSA Officers (& VMI Grads... MAYBE Scottish Rite Freemasons) were responsible for having a "Special Train" that "linked up" with the "Danville Train" near Farmville, Va. & came WEST to Lynchburg & Thaxton, Va. (Thaxton Switch). $$$$$$$$$$$$ + were in caskets, stated to be CSA "War Deads"; buried in a barn, etc. THIS is ALSO indicated in PV's book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY, pg. 168-172 (Chapter 22: Mexican War and Confederacy, pg. 166-173). I think that PV just "followed up" on the CSA Treasury "theory" with his FACTION Novel. MAYBE, more LATER...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
DON'T ask for any "Spoiler Alert"; what I have read & knowing CONFEDERATE WAR history... I have "figured" things out & MORE!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There IS a "VMI" connection... for the WESTERN portion of Virginia.

Last edited:

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PV's book is still available on Amazon, I think. He wrote his "theory" at that time, that "THE BEALE" was "Richmond Stores" that had been moved to Lynchburg, Va. and "points" WEST (Bedford County, Va.) before the "Fall" of Richmond, Va. Lynchburg, Va. was the LAST State Capital of Virginia, April 7-10, 1865. Written in a form of a NOVEL (FACTION); FICTION based on FACTS, as is the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet... high-ranking CSA Officers (& VMI Grads... MAYBE Scottish Rite Freemasons) were responsible for having a "Special Train" that "linked up" with the "Danville Train" near Farmville, Va. & came WEST to Lynchburg & Thaxton, Va. (Thaxton Switch). $$$$$$$$$$$$ + were in caskets, stated to be CSA "War Deads"; buried in a barn, etc. THIS is ALSO indicated in PV's book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY, pg. 168-172 (Chapter 22: Mexican War and Confederacy, pg. 166-173). I think that PV just "followed up" on the CSA Treasury "theory" with his FACTION Novel. MAYBE, more LATER...

This is very interesting, I've ordered his book. Does PV explain why he switched to this theory about Beale, it isn't in his original Beale book?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
This is very interesting, I've ordered his book. Does PV explain why he switched to this theory about Beale, it isn't in his original Beale book?
Well, as I stated, it IS in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY, pg. 168-172 (Chapter 22: Mexican War and Confederacy, pg. 166-173. See my "Post" 126. If we're gonna "chat" about PV & "THE BEALE", start a NEW Thread in the "Beale Forum"... getting "off-topic"...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
AND! Maj. E. S. Hutter (CSA) was a VMI Graduate! Part of the "ELITE TEAM" of VMI alumni... POSSIBLE KGC! E.S.'s brother, Maj. Ferdinand C. Hutter (CSA PAY-MASTER) was on the train that was diverted to Lynchburg, VIRGINIA... with "RICHMOND STORES"; Lynchburg, VIRGINIA became the STATE capital for FOUR DAYS!
CSA Major Edward S Hutter and the VMI alumni removing the "Richmond Stores" has led to speculation that his cousin James Beverly Ward created the Beale Papers as a cover story for this hidden treasure.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
AN UPCOMMING LIVING HISTORY LOOK AT OLD FLORIDA

The State of Florida Marker describing the Union March 10,1865 raid on Marshall was knocked down.
http://www.ocala.com/article2016212/articles/16219895?p=1&tc=pg
Article also provides history and what remains of the plantation today.
November 5 & 6 at Barberville, Florida (SR 17 meets SR 40) Pioneer Days in an original building village including a turpentine still, sugar cane grinder and boiler, and the Astor bridge tenders house that sat on the west bank of the St Johns River. Anyone driving from Ocala to Daytona on Hwy 40 up until the 1980's drove under the covered attached portion of this draw bridge.
Barberville Pioneer Settlement
November 12 & 13 at Ocala's Silver River Museum, OCALI DAYS.
Activities include Desoto's encounter with the Ocali tribe, Seminole War Fort King, cracker village, and being not far from the Holley farm and grist mill that was raided along with the Marshall Plantation by the Union on March 10, 1865, has Confederate as well as Northern Aggressors, and cracker cowboys who held the first cattle drives in the US-sorry ,Texas.
Inside the museum are fossils and mastodon and giant sloth skeletons recovered from the Oklawaha River as well as CSA brass cannons used by Florida CSA Dickinson to a display of movies made at Silver Springs, including the Creature From The Black Lagoon.
Silver River Museum - Ocala, Florida
NOTE* "Cracker" cabins with electric, air, heat, are available for rental at the Silver River Museum site, average price, $95.00 per night.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Two other real Florida museums are the Mandarin Museum on the St Johns River, just south of Jacksonville on Sr 17, which contains artifacts of the Union riverboat, MAPLE LEAF, sunk when hitting a Confederate mine, and remained in the river mud until the 1980's.
Mandarin Museum and Historical Society
Then there is Cedar Key, the terminus of David Levy Yulee's Railroad, a Confederate salt works, and where the Union raided and burned RR depot and warehouses, captured and sunk blockade runners, and occupied the town.
Cedar Key Museum State Park - Cedar Key, Florida
Many of the events that occurred at these locations have been discussed on this thread, and these are the actual locations.
*NOTE: When at Cedar Key, bring your kayak or rent one, and paddle to Atsena Otie Key, 1/2 mile on the Gulf from Dock Street. This was the original site of Cedar Key with a rock cistern and pre Civil War cemetery, as well as a native American midden.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atsena_Otie_Key

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
BLUE SPRINGS State Park combines the Civil War with manatees, and hauntings.
https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Blue-Spring

In the 1860's it was known as Thursby's Landing, a stop over for riverboats on their way from Jacksonville to Enterprise on Lake Monroe.
During the Civil War, Union gunboats patrolled the St Johns and its tributaries capturing and sinking the river blockade runners who supplied the Confederacy with goods from inland central Florida. Louis P Thursby was arrested and his Landing was occupied by Union troops who used it as a base for their looting raids against the civilian population.
After the WAR , a freed Thursby restarted his landing operation and built his two story home on a Native American burial mound facing the springs stream and there have been many haunted occurrences and sightings reported.
Paranormal & Ghost Society

During late January and February the manatees return to the 72 degree springs and may encounter a Florida black bear in the wooded area that surround the "cracker" style rental cabins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread