CTX dead

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 hours of use and my CTX is down. USB connected problem. First time in the water USB got a little damp. Cap was tight but still. It's been drying all day and still nothing. Looks like its going to have to be sent back. Rather disappointing and frustrating considering the price. After reading the problems on the forums about the issues with the 3030, I went against them and gave it a shot, really hoping this wasn't a huge mistake. Ugh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ya that's what I was thinking still a great machine just stinks people lost faith in bringing it in water, I still want one lol

So sorry to hear that. I know a guy with a CTX and he loves it. One thing I do like about the detector manufacturers is they all have great customer service. I hope you get it resolved and end up happy with it.

I'm still happy with it :) I love that machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news is CTX is back up and running and should be back in the mail hopefully today. Bad news is my WM10 module is damaged beyond repair and needs to be replaced at $250. I got caught in a light rain and it destroyed it :/ These things should be water resistant at a minimum for what they cost.

Never been so happy to see a DHL truck :) CTX arrived today good as new. Its a Thursday afternoon and have work till dark. Looks like tomorrow is going to be a good day to hit the beach!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back