Cuba

Molemann

Nov 30, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Deus, ETrac, MXT Pro, Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tired of your BS. This forum isn't for politics so keep your snide political remarks to your self and try abiding by the forum rules.
Just say'n.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just tired of your BS. This forum isn't for politics so keep your snide political remarks to your self and try abiding by the forum rules.
Just say'n.

Tired of my bs? Try abiding by the rules? Wow, how about doing that yourself. Using the * in place of some words is definitely not abiding by the rules. But I guess that doesn't apply to you... Go back and read the thread and you will see your comment as unnecessary...

Sent from an empty soda can!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moleman if there is issue please report it, don't add to it by breaking our rules attacking members .

To all, substituting characters for letters to by pass our censor still violates our rules, do not do so....

All members please keep the politics out of this forum, politics belong only in our politics forum. You can discuss Cuba and wreck recovery with out bringing unneeded politics in...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Last edited:

thorehenki

Dec 26, 2014
Norway
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opening up dialogue with Cuba is probably the most intelligent thing any president has done in the last 50 years.

With any luck, we'll be able to open for a similar project there next year: www.treasurehunt.bz

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hondurans are better at cigars now anyway...
Looks like GM finally found a market for their electric cars eh? LoL
Why wouldn't Cuban's go find this treasure themselves? Oh, right.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hondurans are better at cigars now anyway...
Looks like GM finally found a market for their electric cars eh? LoL
Why wouldn't Cuban's go find this treasure themselves? Oh, right.

Lol!

Sent from a empty soda can!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Opening up dialogue with Cuba is probably the most intelligent thing any president has done in the last 50 years.

With any luck, we'll be able to open for a similar project there next year: www.treasurehunt.bz

lol.. Intelligent. I can't even remember why we had drills and had to crawl under our desks, now that you mention it.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just say'n.

This seems to be a very strange and unwarranted attack. iIs there someone we could notify about these spasms?
Maybe a short nap will help. I notice w.hen I get snippy I need to eat something.
Just say'n.

OP
OP
Salvor6

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes Dave, you can report these unwarranted attacks to the moderator in a PM and he will take care of it.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Dave, you can report these unwarranted attacks to the moderator in a PM and he will take care of it.

Wow. I wondered how that worked.. Thanks buddy!

But I was concerned that maybe if a professional has been retained already, that said pro could modify the dosage?

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one watch any news this morning? While reporting on normalizing relations with Cuba they showed some fantastic footage of a Russian ship they all said was a spy ship. I don't understand why that would be there? Didn't they get the memo?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if one is getting Cuban cigars --try the Romeo and Juliette Churchill's -- one of my favorites--- with the "no commercial explotation of shipwrecks" agreements that cuba signed --there will be no "legal" treasure hunting permits issued

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if one is getting Cuban cigars --try the Romeo and Juliette Churchill's -- one of my favorites--- with the "no commercial explotation of shipwrecks" agreements that cuba signed --there will be no "legal" treasure hunting permits issued
That's more or less what I'd thought about the situation.

PPP

Jan 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stumbled upon this website looking for information regarding shipwrecks in Cuba. I recently went to Cuba to scuba dive. The Cuban divers I asked knew very little about shipwrecks around their country. All they knew is they were not allowed to dive them under their operating permit. They were able to take me to one wreck within their allowed territory on the south side of the island call Jardinas de la Reina (Gardens of the Queen). The wreck's name is The Five Seas. Once back home I could find out little information about The Five Seas. They told me it once was an American Coast Guard vessels that somehow became a fishing boat/pilot boat. They had no idea how, why or when that transfer happen, but they believe it sunk in 1979. Can anyone in your forum tell me where to look for more information? This is what I know: wooden hull about 45' in length. Sunk in 1979 on the south side of the island in about 80' of water. Glad I stumbled upon fellow treasure hunters !!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
most likely a old US WW2 era military PT type gun boat from the Cuban govt of long ago (note the very early models were 55 footers) --that got left behind when castro took over in 1959--that got converted to civilian or new Cuban govt use..

Last edited:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cuba1.png Prescott Evening Courier, 2-7-1929

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishermen who found them rewarded with a nice split of the treasure, much better treatment than you would get in Florida.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I would imagine that Cuba would simply mimic Texas law where everything in the water belongs to the State.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the article is dated 1929? Cuba was more civilized at that time!:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread