cubes

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
rarely if ever have i seen anyone post any artifacts that are cubed in shape be it something used on the ceremonial side or be it something that was used as a tool etc. Several years ago on an adena site I found a cubed sandstone pc with a shaft abrader on one of the 6 sides. It was perfectly cubed and the sides were 2 1/4 in. on the dot on all sides. Wish I still had the pc to share with everyone but have somehow misplaced or lost it. Does anyone have any cubed artifacts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i find cubed stuff all the time but i leave it, i wonder if i should start studying them more closely?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
birdpointgriswold said:
Man i find cubed stuff all the time but i leave it, i wonder if i should start studying them more closely?

Cubes? Like perfectly 3 dimensional cubes? Can you post the next one you find? I found a perfectly 3D triangular rock, but never cube. I posted my 3D triangle and got geofact after geofact. I still don't agree. Still one of my favorite finds. I found a website that told the significance of these geometric shaped stones. Most were related to birth or death. These theories came from some place, and I think we (not me) modern monotheistic people are scared to acknowledge that many of these stones with healing or spiritual properties exist. It is easier to write them off.

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes like perfect cubes... The one I found was clearly a shaft abrader why it was perfectly cubed ..i dunno ..Can you post your accused geofact lemme get a look....I have somewhere about pyramid "shamans stone" ? its from a site where I found hopewell and adena materials. Positive its worked into shape, I'll see if I can dig up a photo of it.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found some but they look naturally formed to me. I can see no alteration on them by man.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
SOHIO said:
Yes like perfect cubes... The one I found was clearly a shaft abrader why it was perfectly cubed ..i dunno ..Can you post your accused geofact lemme get a look....I have somewhere about pyramid "shamans stone" ? its from a site where I found hopewell and adena materials. Positive its worked into shape, I'll see if I can dig up a photo of it.

Sohio, sorry for the delayed post. I'll post the pics for you. I have already gotten everyone's reply and hope I do not get called out for posting this here, rather than the rock form.

image-518201670.jpg

image-1096970777.jpg

image-3069579428.jpg

image-3469321075.jpg

Everyone calls it a rock. I respect that and only reposted it for Sohio. Rock, artifact, it ain't for sale either way!!

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you scroll up steve you'll notice that I said I misplaced that pc (the sandstone cube shaft abrader.) I was hoping that I would come across it in some boxes I had in the barn, I went through that stuff last spring and didn't see it there. It wasn't that spectacular of a pc or anything just a very nicely cubed pc with exacting measurements. I was just curious if anyone had anything cubed. Geesh ! As for the shaman stone I posted that a year or so ago and you posted that you too thought it was a possible shaman stone. I can't find the picture I had of it.

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm very surprised you don't have something cubed reaper?

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
you sir are a troublemaker

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
did you say the 9th?

Cachefind09

Oct 31, 2010
Clark County Ohio
Here is the only piece that I have found that resembles a cube. Although not a perfect cube, it has 4 sides and a top and bottom and will rest on all 6 sides when placed on a flat surface. 3 of the surfaces each has a depression as if it was used as a hammerstone.

100_3805A.jpg

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The 9th is for school kids only so you should fit right in. lol

lol you could say that again.

Actually would be fun to make the trip id enjoy seeing your artifacts up close. You on the other hand I'm not so sure id wanna see you up close.

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the only piece that I have found that resembles a cube. Although not a perfect cube, it has 4 sides and a top and bottom and will rest on all 6 sides when placed on a flat surface. 3 of the surfaces each has a depression as if it was used as a hammerstone.

View attachment 695917

Cache that looks similar to what i had except it wasn't used as a hammerstone it was a shaft abrader on one side only had good use polish and abrader depression thanks for posting that

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
since you seem to need a picture of my ROCK so bad I did an artists rendition of the pc (because I'm an artist) Hope you enjoy.

View attachment cube4.bmp

Last edited:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol you could say that again.

Actually would be fun to make the trip id enjoy seeing your artifacts up close. You on the other hand I'm not so sure id wanna see you up close.

Touche!! lol

Saturday the 10th is open to the public so come on down and take a look. There will be some very nice local artifacts on display. I am bringing the bulk of my Ft Ancient pieces plus quite a few other trays of my best pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread