Cudos to the BH Service Department

kookiman

Jun 27, 2012
east central florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite, BH Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After using my new Bounty Hunter Elite 2200 for a couple of months (and thoroughly enjoying it) I pulled a boneheaded move and got a little seawater in the box. Needless to say it went crazy, so I shipped it off to El Paso..... I was amazed at the speed, efficiency and courtesy they displayed. While I was waiting for the repairs I picked up a nice back up machine...a Pioneer 202 which I like almost as well as my 2200. I highly recommend their products and their customer service is second to none. :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2:

kyle3737

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
Hello - I have a BH 1100 and I'm brand new to the hobby. Mine is a pretty good machine but I'm just not 100% satisfied. Although I've never used another so I don't really have any comparison. But after reading through some posts on this site, I just feel like I'm missing out on all the good stuff. Anyway, I have an opportunity to buy a 2200 like yours for less than $100. It's new without the box. I was hoping you may tell me what you like/don't like about it. Any insight you have would be great.

Thanks a lot.

~Kyle3737

OP
OP
K

kookiman

Jun 27, 2012
east central florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite, BH Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

For what I use it for the 2200 suits me...it's light, easy to read, pretty good discrimination and inexpensive. There are many that will testify that the "starter" machines do almost as well as the big money models, but I am enough of a realist that I believe we are in fact missing out on some (not all) of the good stuff. A friend of mine has an Excal 1000 and likes it except for the times he has to dig a two foot hole to recover a beer can ! At my age and physical condition I'll settle for the shallower as in 6-8" targets. If I had the extra money to put into it I probably would have purchased a more expensive but mid priced machine but I'm having lots of fun with what I have. I paid $90 for my mint 2200 off of Craigslist. Check out the posts by woof! since he is the resident First Texas/Fisher/Bounty Hunter expert...he is an engineer for them and really knows his stuff. Good luck and Happy Hunting !!

Ed in SoDak

Jan 15, 2006
Seawater is tough on any electronics as the salt continues to eat away at the circuit board unless properly removed. A good flush and a dry might work, but for things like the display and touch switches, a rinse might do more harm than good. Glad to see FT came to the rescue! The Elite 2200 is essentially the same as the Discovery 2200 with some cosmetic differences. I found the 2200 to be as sensitive to targets my venerable Time Rangers V2 and V4 in their disc modes. The Time Ranger V4 (aka Titan 9000) has more comprehensive disc options, ground balance and a no-motion all-metal mode, which gives that model a definite edge over the 2200, but I was impressed that the 2200 could match my Time Rangers in disc mode, signal for signal. I have iron-rich soil that can give my Time Ranger the fits in no-motion mode, but the 2200 remained quiet and stable. All that performance in a classier and smaller package! There's "hotter" models in the First Texas lineup, to be sure, but you don't give up that much depth in practice. I'm a real fan of the quiet-running three-tone audio, ID and Disc system of the "classic" BH models. No matter what comes down the pike, I'll always keep my Time Ranger. I'm going on 12 years with it, and I think the 2200 is a keeper, too. -Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread