Curious about the coin grading companies, any experience using them?

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am just curious.... I recently got into CRH and in doing so I've found two 1998 wide AM Lincoln Cents, apparently they are somewhat rare, but not overly, there are other more rare varieties I'm still looking out for..... I am confused though because I read online that generally they are selling for $10-$40 dollars a piece.... Found a site selling (graded) 1998 wide AM coins around $25 - $30 a piece.

However, on ebay there are a few 1998 Wides selling, and people bidding for em around $1.00 to $1.99 a piece (non graded)

Now I've been wondering that if I can get together a small load of these wide AM coins..... Ship em to a coin grading service and have em authenticated and graded..... Their value would immediately rise a bit, am I correct there? More than $1.99 anyway right?

How much does it cost to have this service done, and what are the best coin grading companies? These particular wide A.M.s are't worth all that much to begin with and are kind of obscure compared to other collectable coins.... Would I be wasting money having a group of them graded?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions