Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Witch is better in wet sand salt water beach equinox 800 or excalibur
Nox 800 IMHO. Excalibur if you are diving.

Choosing A Beach Metal Detector 2023: Complete Ratings & Rationale

@4:33 min. Nox 44% of salt water beach users (popular bloggers)
That's not by accident.
@8:37 min. chart

I disagree with Merrill's note on Nox 600/800. Per users I've seen Online and this little video:
sod busters - did I drown my Equinox 800

There are many who never had this flooding issue. What percent? Who really knows?

Merrill has a I rate METAL DETECTORS!

(Link deleted for rule violation)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They both work quite well. For smaller targets, the Equinox works better. For deeper water, The Excalibur would be my pick. For depth, I give a slight edge to the Excal if you match coil sizes for comparison. The Nox is much more versatile however, and much lighter. Rather than get either one of them, I would recommend the Equinox 900, or a Deus 2. They both can be used deeper than the Nox 800 (although not as deep as the Excal). They're both lighter still, and perform excellent in salt water.

OP
OP
M

metalhead

Mar 24, 2012
York
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sovereign GT
Minlab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They both work quite well. For smaller targets, the Equinox works better. For deeper water, The Excalibur would be my pick. For depth, I give a slight edge to the Excal if you match coil sizes for comparison. The Nox is much more versatile however, and much lighter. Rather than get either one of them, I would recommend the Equinox 900, or a Deus 2. They both can be used deeper than the Nox 800 (although not as deep as the Excal). They're both lighter still, and perform excellent in salt water.
Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both, they both work great in salt water and on wet salt sand, the Nox is much lighter than the Excal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread