Curious

Witch is better in wet sand salt water beach equinox 800 or excalibur
Nox 800 IMHO. Excalibur if you are diving.

Choosing A Beach Metal Detector 2023: Complete Ratings & Rationale

@4:33 min. Nox 44% of salt water beach users (popular bloggers)
That's not by accident.
@8:37 min. chart

I disagree with Merrill's note on Nox 600/800. Per users I've seen Online and this little video:
sod busters - did I drown my Equinox 800

There are many who never had this flooding issue. What percent? Who really knows?

Merrill has a I rate METAL DETECTORS!

(Link deleted for rule violation)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
They both work quite well. For smaller targets, the Equinox works better. For deeper water, The Excalibur would be my pick. For depth, I give a slight edge to the Excal if you match coil sizes for comparison. The Nox is much more versatile however, and much lighter. Rather than get either one of them, I would recommend the Equinox 900, or a Deus 2. They both can be used deeper than the Nox 800 (although not as deep as the Excal). They're both lighter still, and perform excellent in salt water.

They both work quite well. For smaller targets, the Equinox works better. For deeper water, The Excalibur would be my pick. For depth, I give a slight edge to the Excal if you match coil sizes for comparison. The Nox is much more versatile however, and much lighter. Rather than get either one of them, I would recommend the Equinox 900, or a Deus 2. They both can be used deeper than the Nox 800 (although not as deep as the Excal). They're both lighter still, and perform excellent in salt water.
Thanks

I own both, they both work great in salt water and on wet salt sand, the Nox is much lighter than the Excal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back