Currency books

mdmgrand

Nov 11, 2012
This is my first post. I have been reading these forums for at least a month. I really want to start collecting star notes, silver Certs and red seal notes. So first question; which book would you recommend to buy for guide. And do you guys find these notes through buying straps at the bank. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer. Pm me would be fine too.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to Treasure Net !
I've found one book answers all my US currency questions--except current values. For that, I use Completed Transactions on eBay (NOT listings for sale). The book is: :The Official Red Book-A Guide Book of United States Paper Money'
by Arthur L and Ira S. Friedberg ISBN: 13-978-079482362-7. New, it may cost about $25; used (and that is good enough for me) maybe half that price-and the most current edition is not necessary.) It's a 400-page fully illustrated reference book.
Don.....

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually just buy $100 worth of singles and go thru them that way. I try to get star notes, repeating numbers, and all runs in each series.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread