Custom made upper shaft for Sovereign

signalseeker

Oct 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone knows of a fellow from AZ who custom makes the upper shaft rod for a Sovereign.I bought one of these several years ago on Ebay. A friend of mine just bought a GT & is looking for the same. This shaft only comes with the handle grip & is very light, I used arm cuff & lower shaft from my Sov & it works fine. As I chest mount the control box there is no attachment for this on the upper shaft. I lost this guy's contact info. I have checked with Plugger & he has a similar setup for Excal but the adjustment holes are on the side instead of the bottom like the Sov. I can always drill a matching hole for the "set" clip on the side of the lower Sov shaft but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone knows of a fellow from AZ who custom makes the upper shaft rod for a Sovereign.I bought one of these several years ago on Ebay. A friend of mine just bought a GT & is looking for the same. This shaft only comes with the handle grip & is very light, I used arm cuff & lower shaft from my Sov & it works fine. As I chest mount the control box there is no attachment for this on the upper shaft. I lost this guy's contact info. I have checked with Plugger & he has a similar setup for Excal but the adjustment holes are on the side instead of the bottom like the Sov. I can always drill a matching hole for the "set" clip on the side of the lower Sov shaft but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks

You can make your own, that is what we Excal owners do.... you can make one for less than $20............ Take your lower shaft with you and go to hardware store, boat shop, or even better homes for humanity stores that sell used appliances, furniture ect.... I find them there a lot.... If you go to a boat shop look for deck brush handles...

Just find an aluminum shaft your lower shaft will slide in to and be a good fit, not loose but tight and free sliding...

Last edited:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good tips...wouldn't you have to do some modifications...if it's a straight shaft I would guess not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poster said he chest mounts controls, I do the same. Straight shaft is easy to use and build it little longer you cover more area with each sweep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread