Custom made upper shaft for Sovereign

signalseeker

Oct 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone knows of a fellow from AZ who custom makes the upper shaft rod for a Sovereign.I bought one of these several years ago on Ebay. A friend of mine just bought a GT & is looking for the same. This shaft only comes with the handle grip & is very light, I used arm cuff & lower shaft from my Sov & it works fine. As I chest mount the control box there is no attachment for this on the upper shaft. I lost this guy's contact info. I have checked with Plugger & he has a similar setup for Excal but the adjustment holes are on the side instead of the bottom like the Sov. I can always drill a matching hole for the "set" clip on the side of the lower Sov shaft but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone knows of a fellow from AZ who custom makes the upper shaft rod for a Sovereign.I bought one of these several years ago on Ebay. A friend of mine just bought a GT & is looking for the same. This shaft only comes with the handle grip & is very light, I used arm cuff & lower shaft from my Sov & it works fine. As I chest mount the control box there is no attachment for this on the upper shaft. I lost this guy's contact info. I have checked with Plugger & he has a similar setup for Excal but the adjustment holes are on the side instead of the bottom like the Sov. I can always drill a matching hole for the "set" clip on the side of the lower Sov shaft but I thought I would ask here first. Thanks

You can make your own, that is what we Excal owners do.... you can make one for less than $20............ Take your lower shaft with you and go to hardware store, boat shop, or even better homes for humanity stores that sell used appliances, furniture ect.... I find them there a lot.... If you go to a boat shop look for deck brush handles...

Just find an aluminum shaft your lower shaft will slide in to and be a good fit, not loose but tight and free sliding...

Last edited:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good tips...wouldn't you have to do some modifications...if it's a straight shaft I would guess not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poster said he chest mounts controls, I do the same. Straight shaft is easy to use and build it little longer you cover more area with each sweep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions