Fisher F2
Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I always will take any returned rolls in any bank or credit union. Worst case you just turn them in to your dump bank if there isn't anything worth keeping. You just never know what might be in a roll. What do you have to loose?

Bentfork

Jan 4, 2010
Oklahoma
You never know what you're going to get in customer rolls. Pass them up and you might be passing up someone's elderly grandfather's collection. Even if it is $1000 in CWR and you suspect it's a dump, what's it going to hurt to take them? So you spend a little time looking. Big deal.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thing to do is to read the posts in the forum. Read till your eyes bleed. Not being a smart alec, but these questions seem to be asked a few times a week. Also read the post at the top of the page to help answer questions. It's the "Beginner's guide".
HH
enamel7

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
enamel7 said:
Best thing to do is to read the posts in the forum. Read till your eyes bleed. Not being a smart alec, but these questions seem to be asked a few times a week. Also read the post at the top of the page to help answer questions. It's the "Beginner's guide".
HH
enamel7

+1

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
It's worth it to pick up whatever you can, whenever you can. Because you simply never know what you are going to find.

Just this afternoon I found a 1903 Barber dime in the coin counter reject slot at my bank.

As many on this forum have wisely pointed out, it's out there.

HH,
cuttybce

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
Buy and search anything and everything, fed rolls, handrolls, a few loose coins in a teller's till...no matter what. Leave no stone unturned. Silver hides in funny places.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
In addition to what others have said about the halves - you should always buy any large "silver dollar coins you can get unless you are sure they are just clad Ike's - which they almost always are. I got over two dozen of those coins just this week at a couple of different banks. But I really scored about 3 months ago when I got 4 pre - '21 Morgan dollars including a nice 1899 Morgan worth at least $130. Also just yesterday I was at a bank and when I asked the teller for any halves he said he had just one coin so I reluctantly said I'd take it thinking it would surely be just another clad but it was actually a 1958 Franklin he just got less than 5 minutes earlier. So like others have said - buy all of the halves and BIG dollar coins you can because you just never know what you will find.

Good luck and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions