Too funny!

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
Went bankhopping Monday. Made my dump Wednesday. Checked reject bin as I could here clad falling. Reached in and pulled out the clad halves and a couple of pennies (an '80 plain, a '41 wheat) and one beat up old nickel...but I knew right off the bat...bling! Sure enough...'45-P war nick! Woohoo! Small finds butt hey...they add up! LOL.

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Hey Fiddycent,

Are you saying the coin counter culled the war nickel?
Was it a Coinstar Machine?

Keep on Rollin'

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Maybe it was culled because it was "beat up" and not because it was silver. I have found bent coins and really dirty coins rejected but I have also seen dimes and pennies reject back with no apparent damage or caked-on debris. May have been a fluke that it came back out.

Nice find IMO because silver is still SILVER! ;D

OP
OP
fiddycent

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
I don't remember the brand of counter. Three feet tall with a dump tray on a flat top. Seen a hundred of 'em butt couldn't tell ya the name to save my life. Danged Alzheimer's!

Dunno if the machine culled it or if it was rejected due to the condition of the coin. It was nicked up pretty badly butt not bent so I really have no clue. I think the weight of both the pre-war, war and post war nicks are all 5 grams (as far as I know).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread