Cut 1718 Spanish Pistareen and other cool finds

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, I have not been on here in sometime due to other projects. But, I have been doing plenty of metal detecting and if you search hard enough you'll find my finds. Anyway, these are some of my finds from Jan 7 & 8 2016. Well, it will not let me post anymore than what you see for some reason? Keep getting message that says upload failed? Thanks and HH to all!

DSC00356.JPG DSC00357.JPG

Upvote 36

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have once been owned by Blackbeard - or at least owned by someone who saw or at least heard of him during the time! In 1718 the Queen Anne's Revenge was still sailing around the Carolina's and Virginian waters. Undoubtedly at least a few people who owned that coin would have been discussing the actions of the infamous pirate over a round of grog or rum (and maybe even bought the drink with that coin fragment - price of rum was a 1/2 Real - same as a quarter Pistareen!!) The story of pirate adventures were on everyone's lips in 1718! That's some honest to God pirate loot you got yourself! :blackbeard: - Yar!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe oneday? I have seen my friends pull them out and a few from my sites lol. Oh well, how have you been?

Between the crap weather and work I'm finding hard to get out and detect. I'm taking off this Friday and heading up to Westmoreland.....hopefully I'll be able to get into something old!!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Between the crap weather and work I'm finding hard to get out and detect. I'm taking off this Friday and heading up to Westmoreland.....hopefully I'll be able to get into something old!!

Don't give away all your secrets man :laughing7:. I need to get out too and break this cut piece jinx that's been weighting me down all season. After finding 40 over the last 4 years I'm hanging a big goose egg this season thanks to that crappy licence plate I changed to.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread