Cut off by my dump bank for first time ever but got some great dimes!!!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
For the first time in 10+ years I got cut off by a dump bank today. Oh well. I think I was doing good following all the CRH rules: no huge dumps, spread them out among different branches, very nice to tellers (chocolates etc), very friendly, try not to fill too many bags, don't come in too often, help out when they change bags..... They told me that they actually got attention from their corporate management about my machine use. They were friendly, but said nothing they can do--I do get along really well with all the tellers at this bank. Oh well, I only had $50 in the no fee account. Fortunately I have access to a local credit union with coin counter machines and another chain of banks with machines as well. CRHing dump bank rule number two: don't just have one. You never know when they will pull the plug.

BTW: I went to two different branches today and got the same story at each branch on my excessive coin counter machine use. They had talked to each other in addition to the "email form corporate". No bad feelings, I understand their position. They don't make any money on me. Lesson to CRHers is to have more than one avenue to get rid of coins. I have NO problems getting coins. Dumping them is always the most difficult part of this hobby.

In other news, I only got $190 in dimes today. Trying to keep volume low until I get my new dump arrangements set up. Scored Four (4) silver Roosies, including two in one roll. They were a mix of CWR and MWR. Pretty awesome to get four silvers out of such small volume.

HH to all

Upvote 0

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...sorry to hear about your luck with the dump bank.

FWIW, I think a bank that I dump with would like to close my account too, but I keep a decent balance in there. I am also VERY considerate about my dumping by spreading them out, not dumping too much, etc.

Any chance you can have your wife or GF set up a new account, and just use them to dump sparingly?

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Not that worried about is since I'm moving in 4 months. Just need to use the Credit Union instead as I continue to clean all the silver out of this place before I move on!

I think they will let me dump at a much lower rate if I take a break. That was the read I got from them.

Thanks for the ideas.

HH

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I try to keep my dumps to below $500 at my dump bank. Though I have gone over a few times. The most being around $700 (Mostly dimes). I also only go in once a week. Usually mid week. Sadly of all the banks around, it's the only one with a self service coin counter. The next town over has only one bank I know of with a coin counter as well. But I don't dump there because I don't have an account at that bank, and it's where I've been buying my dime boxes from lately. Got a nice minor silver dime vein coming from there. ^_^

I haven't heard anything from my dump bank though. It's my main bank and I have a fair amount in my account. Also my account is very old too. My grandfather opened it for me when I was like 3 months old. ^_^

I always worry if I'm coming in too often. So I sometimes take a break from CRH'ing for a couple weeks. Let them not see me for a bit. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread