179.9 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0
OP
OP
vondrewvious

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
Thanks but our ancestor was in the 4th Maine infantry. That would be quite a twist if it were German.

OP
OP
vondrewvious

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
Spooky said:
vondrewvious said:
Hello There,
My father gave me this old plate that he believes came from the uniform of a family member

:icon_thumright:

You need to have something verified no matter WHO it came from.
Never ASSUME anything..

I think this is older.

Not saying anyone is TRYING to mislead ANYONE.. Not at all.... Things get "confused" over the years..

Ok, do you know of a resource that would help me to identify the plate. Do you think for sure it is a hat plate?
Thanks

Bill Battle

Greenie
Oct 14, 2009
vondrewvious said:
Spooky said:
vondrewvious said:
Hello There,
My father gave me this old plate that he believes came from the uniform of a family member

:icon_thumright:

You need to have something verified no matter WHO it came from.
Never ASSUME anything..

I think this is older.

Not saying anyone is TRYING to mislead ANYONE.. Not at all.... Things get "confused" over the years..

Ok, do you know of a resource that would help me to identify the plate. Do you think for sure it is a hat plate?
Thanks

You might start with sending a picture to Don Trioani, the artist. He is an expert on Civil War and Revolutionary War uniforms and accoutrements. His email address is:
[email protected]

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Bill Battle said:
Doesn't look Civil War to me. Not sure, but it looks like a Hessian or German hat plate.
Not my area of expertise but that's what it looks like to me too. Like someone else said Don Trioani is the man to ask

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread