Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today after work, I joined Bill (B|ker) and Bob (rwsnc) to MD at the spot that is being cleared by my work. I wasn't at this site more than 5 minutes and I dug my 2nd knapsack hook for the week. :thumbsup: Bill had an hour jump on us, and we found him on a lower section down by the river with an empty bag for his efforts. :tongue3:
Once I assured him there is stuff at this site to be found, we headed back up to higher ground where all of the bullets, relics, and arrowheads have been found. Once I dug my 2nd bullet, those two rookies came to my area to join in the fun. :wink: I dropped a bullet to see if their detectors were tuned in correctly and what they read. Sure enough that was the problem, and reason they hadn't found anything up to that point. After that, we continued to grid off about a 50' wide area, and were popping out bullets at a steady pace.
Bob dug his very first CW bullet (3-ringer) today!!! Congrats Bob!!! :thumbsup:
It was truly a hot spot for CW relics. A camp I figure. Next Bob got a nice signal, and dug a CW belt keeper!!! You lucky dog. :wink: He was generous enough to give it to me for my collection of relics since the CW finds aren't his thing. Bob is a diehard coin hunter. ;D It was a bit ironic that my next dig was an SLQ!!! Unfortunately it has no date & is pretty worn. I was very excited to find it though, since that is my first coin from this spot. I was hoping for a reale, but the SLQ is just fine. :thumbsup:
Bill scored some nice lead, and the first button from this site so far. Congrats Bill. :thumbsup:
We had a lot of fun today, and all found some great stuff. There will be lots more to cover as this site progresses.
Thanks for looking & have a great w/end.
-MM-

Attachments

• Today\'s total.jpg
    Today\'s total.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,216
  • MVC-144S.JPG
    MVC-144S.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,218
  • MVC-145S.JPG
    MVC-145S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,226
  • MVC-146S.JPG
    MVC-146S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,216
  • MVC-147S.JPG
    MVC-147S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,219
  • MVC-148S.JPG
    MVC-148S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,212
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Lish ... That SLQ is SWEET ...

Still on Nicks wish list ... Right under the Golden RAT ... :tongue3:

Rock On Stud ~ Nick

Thanks Buddy.
I keep telling Bill & Bob that I need to find an LC. ;D :wink: I think more good finds will be coming out of this spot soon once they cut into the next section. At least I'm hoping. :thumbsup:
-Lish-

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats MM :thumbsup:...and what a SWEET coin to find...my favorite..the elusive SLQ. I LOVE those things.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silverfreak said:
Congrats MM :thumbsup:...and what a SWEET coin to find...my favorite..the elusive SLQ. I LOVE those things.

Thanks Buddy. I wish Bob had found it since he loves coins more than relics. ;D He'll get em' next time.
I hope you do well this w/end.
-Doug-

DebbzInNC

Feb 23, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Doug, As always, you did great! It's the good karma. I keep telling you that. Well, maybe some skill involved too. :D Well......Ok, it's mostly your skill but a little good karma blessing never hurts either. LOL.

Sorry I couldn't get there until ya'll were leaving, but it was great to see the haul upclose. And I was glad to finally meet Bill and Bob too.

I look forward to seeing all the things you get out of that ground. And to think, we have been driving and walking all over that stuff for years while working down there. Geeeezzz...there is no telling what else ya'll will find.

:thumbsup: Congrats! to you all. Sweet finds for all of you. :thumbsup:
~debbz

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yall got some keepers, that's always sweet. Never know what might turn up with the civil war stuff huh...nice slq, haven't found one of those in over a year...keep rocking the site, guys! 8)

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Doug Dude, you and your buddies cleaned house on Civil War relics again. That site has been treating you verrrrry well, buddy!

Now, get out there and find us a third knapsack J-hook!!! :thumbsup:

Kyle

P.S. Oh, since you love Chinese food, I just wanted to say that Colonial KirkPA and I have gotten the same Chinese meal 4 out of the last 7 days. :D We are hooked on it! :D

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great SLQ Doug. :thumbsup: She's a beauty!! :icon_sunny: I'm still looking for my first SLQ.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Doug,
Congrads on finding that SLQ! Worn as she is she's a doll.lol
Joe

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah.. we had some good finds, especially since we didn't spend THAT much time there. We still can't figure out how all those bullets came to be clustered in such a small area.

We had a good time though, but it was really hot. Thanks Deb, for stopping by with water for us... and it was nice meeting you too. Bill and I finally met the "snake lady". ;D

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope there are a lot more there for you to find. Maybe even a state seal button.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DebbzInNC said:
Doug, As always, you did great! It's the good karma. I keep telling you that. Well, maybe some skill involved too. :D Well......Ok, it's mostly your skill but a little good karma blessing never hurts either. LOL.

Sorry I couldn't get there until ya'll were leaving, but it was great to see the haul upclose. And I was glad to finally meet Bill and Bob too.

I look forward to seeing all the things you get out of that ground. And to think, we have been driving and walking all over that stuff for years while working down there. Geeeezzz...there is no telling what else ya'll will find.

:thumbsup: Congrats! to you all. Sweet finds for all of you. :thumbsup: Debbz

Thanks Debb. Feel free to join us next time. It's a great feeling digging up pieces of history.
-Doug-

Nate in Ohio said:
Yall got some keepers, that's always sweet. Never know what might turn up with the civil war stuff huh...nice slq, haven't found one of those in over a year...keep rocking the site, guys! 8)

Thanks Nate. The knapsack hooks and belt keeper are great signs. I would love to find a CW belt plate though. :thumbsup:
Have a good w/end.
-Doug-

Colonial Zoyboy said:
Doug Dude, you and your buddies cleaned house on Civil War relics again. That site has been treating you verrrrry well, buddy!
Now, get out there and find us a third knapsack J-hook!!! :thumbsup:
Kyle
P.S. Oh, since you love Chinese food, I just wanted to say that Colonial KirkPA and I have gotten the same Chinese meal 4 out of the last 7 days. :D We are hooked on it! :D

Thanks Kyle. Finding that SLQ amongst these CW finds was an interesting find. I'm still determined to get some 1800's coins out of this spot. :thumbsup:
Chinese food 4 out of 7 days!!! You guys rock. Just be careful, as that much Chinese food may develop into the Poo-poo platter. :o ;D
Have a great w/end guys.
-Doug-

Thanks Big Jim. It's always great to hear from you. Have you gotten Tony out of the doghouse yet? :wink:
-Doug-

Evolution said:
Great SLQ Doug. :thumbsup: She's a beauty!! :icon_sunny: I'm still looking for my first SLQ.

Thanks Ev. That was a BIG surprise amonst the CW finds. :thumbsup:
You'll get one soon I hope.
-Doug-

TN-Joe said:
Doug,
Congrads on finding that SLQ! Worn as she is she's a doll.lol
Joe

Thanks Joe. I love this little silver lady. ;D
-Doug-

tymcmurray said:
Great Finds, Doug!!!!!!!
And sharing the site is cool!

Thanks Ty. Every time I go to this site now I'm hoping for a belt plate like you found. ;D
-Doug-

rwsnc said:
Yeah.. we had some good finds, especially since we didn't spend THAT much time there. We still can't figure out how all those bullets came to be clustered in such a small area. ;D

Bob,
I'm pretty sure the troops camped around there since this was part of the original plantation property down the road, and the old road that was there during the 1800's is very close, not to mention the stream that is right there. CW , Indian artifacts, and silver coins! What more could you ask for? ;D
-Doug-

duggap said:
Hope there are a lot more there for you to find. Maybe even a state seal button.

A state seal button would be GREAT. In my years of MDing, I've found two nice SC seal buttons, and one rough NC button. I would love to find a nicer NC state seal button.
-Doug-

wyattrr said:
Nice Digs, yet again you lead the way...Congrats on the Silver and the Relics. HH MM

Thanks Wyatt. This new spot has been a real treat, not to mention it is right by my work, so I can keep tabs (not pop tabs ;D ) on it.
-Doug-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, you two! :thumbsup:

There could be a plate out there somewhere. :o

ModernMiner said:
It was truly a hot spot for CW relics. A camp I figure.

At this point it sounds like you need to do the research and find out Who was there and what they were there for--your finds will likely improve as a result!

If you need any pointers, drop me a line.

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread