CWI + Loomis vs Brinks?

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cwi = coin wrap inc..

I am not sure if cwi is a partner or a competion of Loomis or they are just different guys on the same food chain. Does Loomis have wrapping machine? It seems that cwi and Brinks have no relations because Brinks wrap it own coins as we saw on Modern Marvels. Anyone care to comment on this?

The other observation is: cwi always use String & Sons' wrapping paper. Brinks most often use its own logo wrapping paper. But I did come across Brinks boxes with String & Sons paper. I assume that when local Brinks facility run out of paper they will get whatever they can before their own paper get shipped from a central location (somewhere in China?).

What about Garda and Dumba? never get a box from these guys myself. Are they mainly dealing with Jewelry and big box stores insteal of banks? Do they wrap their own box of coins? Any comments please?

Upvote 0

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get halves from CWI/Loomis and Garda and used to get them from Brinks. We also have Dunbar but none of the banks I currently deal with use them. As I dump at TD Bank I don't use Brinks anymore because that's who they use and I was having lousy results with them anyway.

Loomis here uses the flat boxes with NF String rolls. The boxes are flimsy and often short a coin or two.
Garda uses the same style box but of better quality with brown edged wrappers. They're always right on count.
Brinks uses the square double layered boxes with Brinks wrapping. Always right on count.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
If you're just trying to figure out what's better. As long as they don't cull the coins at the facility, there's no right answer to that. There's been dream CWI and dream Brinks boxes. As I've said before, it all depends on your area more than anything else.

East Coast Boxes are much better than West Coast Boxes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread