Cygnus-1X Metal Detector

Mdpartner

Sep 8, 2018
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya fellers

I sent this as a PM to doc but haven't heard anything. Yeah, I know it's Christmas. Merry Christmas ya'll!

I'm an old guy and old to this site and haven't been active for a long time. Your new detector has interested me. Please add me to your list of possible future customers. I have read the several pages others have asked for. I am wanting to tell you what I like about my detector. If I'm way behind the times please let me know. I will take no offense.

I have only 1 detector, White's XLT, and have tweaked it into several different programs. I love several things about this detector. The different tones you get while searching. I have come to rely on the bleeps and blurps and have tried single or three tone machines but could never get used to them. I like the fact I have to swing the coil fast for the best results and it helps to get the maximum amount of ground covered.

The pin pointing tone sweeps to a higher tone the closer you are to the object found. VCO is that feature. The fact I can find an target and during pinpoint mode which is all metal, I can put my coil slightly off the target, pull the trigger and it reduces the size of the target or halo around the target to aid in pinpointing. I like the fact I can adjust parameters to fit the type of detecting I want to do, like jewelry on a beach or deep all metal targets in an open field I named BERZERK. I found a 1886 Spanish 2 Reale 14" deep with that program.

I have learned a few tricks with my detector. I have noticed while I'm searching if I hear a very low tone I stop and try to find that target again. If the tone is a higher tone in the approximate location of the low tone it is 99% of the time a quarter on it's edge. If I hear a good high quarter tone among lower broken up trash tones there is usually a dime in there.. One time I got a 50 cent tone, dug it and got 2 dimes a nickle and a quarter, Ha!

I will sign an NDO if I have to in order to keep up with this detector. FYI< I live in the red dirt of Oklahoma. Please let me know.

MDPARTNER

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We actually have a field tester in your neck of the woods which will be posted as we get them under the AviTech heading, this is where you will find all relevant information so this should answer your question I hope - if not holler back!

Hiya fellers

I sent this as a PM to doc but haven't heard anything. Yeah, I know it's Christmas. Merry Christmas ya'll!

I'm an old guy and old to this site and haven't been active for a long time. Your new detector has interested me. Please add me to your list of possible future customers. I have read the several pages others have asked for. I am wanting to tell you what I like about my detector. If I'm way behind the times please let me know. I will take no offense.

I have only 1 detector, White's XLT, and have tweaked it into several different programs. I love several things about this detector. The different tones you get while searching. I have come to rely on the bleeps and blurps and have tried single or three tone machines but could never get used to them. I like the fact I have to swing the coil fast for the best results and it helps to get the maximum amount of ground covered.

The pin pointing tone sweeps to a higher tone the closer you are to the object found. VCO is that feature. The fact I can find an target and during pinpoint mode which is all metal, I can put my coil slightly off the target, pull the trigger and it reduces the size of the target or halo around the target to aid in pinpointing. I like the fact I can adjust parameters to fit the type of detecting I want to do, like jewelry on a beach or deep all metal targets in an open field I named BERZERK. I found a 1886 Spanish 2 Reale 14" deep with that program.

I have learned a few tricks with my detector. I have noticed while I'm searching if I hear a very low tone I stop and try to find that target again. If the tone is a higher tone in the approximate location of the low tone it is 99% of the time a quarter on it's edge. If I hear a good high quarter tone among lower broken up trash tones there is usually a dime in there.. One time I got a 50 cent tone, dug it and got 2 dimes a nickle and a quarter, Ha!

I will sign an NDO if I have to in order to keep up with this detector. FYI< I live in the red dirt of Oklahoma. Please let me know.

MDPARTNER

mattdan0831

Apr 5, 2019
Springville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm predicting some breakthrough information will be posted on April 1st. Too much talk about nothing to be legitimate but hey, I'm a realist. NOTHING can see only the good stuff in the ground or anywhere else for that matter. This of course you are a believer in Jesus Christ as I am..

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually we do - he was our very last tester to come aboard literally hours before the 11-15-19 closing date. All field test reports will be posted right here, good or bad. Thanks much for your interest A2coins!

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No April fools here my friend - over a dozen hard working and dedicated enthusiasts and engineers working VERY hard on a VERY aggressive schedule. I would recommend not listening to rumors - taking requirements is not our official announcement of capabilities although you can expect some pleasant surprises. :hourglass:

Speaking of rumors, there is some real head scratching stuff being posted all over the place - some of it is just over the top crazy talk! None of our people are going to leak anything until field test results begin to trickle in, stay tuned! :thumbsup:

I'm predicting some breakthrough information will be posted on April 1st. Too much talk about nothing to be legitimate but hey, I'm a realist. NOTHING can see only the good stuff in the ground or anywhere else for that matter. This of course you are a believer in Jesus Christ as I am..

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's real. I was just outside yesterday running my Deus in my lawn over some items I put WAY down in the ground, which is in a preexisting bed of nails, rust, aluminum bits and pieces and all types of other evil metals! (Note to self: in the future do NOT mow aluminum cans you see in the grass.) The Deus wouldn't hit most of the items I placed there a few months ago. They were deliberately placed there DEEPLY. This is going to be fun.

No sense in sweating it out right now. Relax. If you are in the market for a good machine, you may want to wait just a bit for a new machine. Or sell some of your closet queens in case you want a Cygnus and need some free cash. Or not. We are not pushing anyone. I am testing it, among others. Some of our tests will be brutal! I guarantee it. (I won't run over it with my truck but deliberate falls, drops, all that are going to happen.) We want it to be right the first time out!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to say Thanks for your time and effort and everyone whos participating many of who like Smokey are well known knowledgable and trusted tnetters/treasure hunters. I for one really appreciate this cause its such a big thing for our hobby Im allready scraping up my money to buy the first one from Smokey hand signed by all LOL But yes Thanks I know it cant be easy and you can never make everyone happy but if it werent for people like you and all the other people helping this hobby would not exist and prosper and yes Smokey save one for your friend ME !!!!!!! Good luck and Happy New Year to all of you Thanks Tommy

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much Tommy. Smoky is working me like a dog! No breaks and every day almost asks "we have a date yet" quite a gal!

I wanted to say Thanks for your time and effort and everyone whos participating many of who like Smokey are well known knowledgable and trusted tnetters/treasure hunters. I for one really appreciate this cause its such a big thing for our hobby Im allready scraping up my money to buy the first one from Smokey hand signed by all LOL But yes Thanks I know it cant be easy and you can never make everyone happy but if it werent for people like you and all the other people helping this hobby would not exist and prosper and yes Smokey save one for your friend ME !!!!!!! Good luck and Happy New Year to all of you Thanks Tommy

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How do I set up as a dealer? :headbang:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Docweiser would have to answer that. cz kidd. I like it so much I'm setting up a new business, effective today! Just have a couple things to do to finalize. Having a fixed income isn't all what it's cracked up to be.

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this detector going to be a reality in 2020............very interested !

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully, sometime this spring if all goes well.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really looking forward to the debut.....though I am disappointed it won't catch Marlin:dontknow:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really looking forward to the debut.....though I am disappointed it won't catch Marlin:dontknow:

If you put a stout enough line and the right bait on it, it might catch a marlin!:laughing7: It is real. It is coming. It is coming soon.

Don't sweat it. We're making sure it's RIGHT before you can get one.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good, always be wary! Only thing I would add to your skepticism is -> can it be any worse than what you have? :)

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
That's good, always be wary! Only thing I would add to your skepticism is -> can it be any worse than what you have? :)
. Yep at my age I don’t have time on my side. I hope you succeed and I and that I get to see it . But I’m sure I’ll never be able to afford it anyway Lol.

Your Friend.
Doug

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you didn't have time to read the entire thread that started all of this but affordability is KEY as this project is about giving back to people just like you and me. Something as good or better at a price most of us can squeeze in, hopefully all can squeeze in.

Can't go further than that right now except to say, stay tuned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread