Cygnus-1X Metal Detector

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
Guess you didn't have time to read the entire thread that started all of this but affordability is KEY as this project is about giving back to people just like you and me. Something as good or better at a price most of us can squeeze in, hopefully all can squeeze in.

Can't go further than that right now except to say, stay tuned.
You I’m guessing are not on Socical Secretary and there is not much there. I hope it makes it for you and you succeed beyond your dreams.
Your Friend
Doug

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be on permanent disability but I'd rather die trying than drown in defeat.

Someone has to pay for the parts to put it together, that'd be me.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70 6" 7.5khz concentric 9" 7.5Khz concentric, 5x10 18.75Khz DD, 10.5 18.75Khz DD.
I could be on permanent disability but I'd rather die trying than drown in defeat.

Someone has to pay for the parts to put it together, that'd be me.
Go for it , I’m rooting for you.
on your side.
Doug

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guessed you are - and fishing is a good hobby too. Just saying that we can't just give em away yet, but doing the best we can on price!

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I guessed you are - and fishing is a good hobby too. Just saying that we can't just give em away yet, but doing the best we can on price!
Sorry I didn’t mean it that way,
I’m hopping for your success.
Doug

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I mean that! Hopefully this project will make a lot of people happy - that is the primary goal aside from steering away from the same old thing.

Donut

Jan 25, 2010
Coloma, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Thanks, I mean that! Hopefully this project will make a lot of people happy - that is the primary goal aside from steering away from the same old thing.
Hope to see you with success soon.
Doug

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be testing it, guys, it's real and it's coming...I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised. We're doing it right the first time.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant wait I'm saving now spent alot of time setting my 5 tones on my box just was to busy this year to use it much I support and appreciate all your efforts everyone involved speaks volumes about who you are. And your dedication to this hobby. Thanks Tommy

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't go out as much this year as last or the year before. First surgery, now a sick cat...

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't go out as much this year as last or the year before. First surgery, now a sick cat...
Smokey... I work out of town on frack pads in winter so I don’t get much time (read:none) to detect but sometimes I get a small window to check to see how others are doing. I’ve been reading about this machine and today A2 Coins Tommy texted me and told me to check it out...are there any pics available? Features or options? I know you testers are being fairly tight lipped about things but just curious... thx for your input on this and please know that if you say “buy this”, sign me up. Thx again... Scotty Ddf.

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could i be on a list for updates?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't looked through this whole thread but it this detector waterproof?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Water proof to one person is different to others........Water resistant...... IP rating? Depth? Submersible?

I think they'd have to kill you OBN.......Secret 8-)

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone post a list of the features this detector will have? I assume it is a multi-frequency vlf. What makes it special?

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone post a list of the features this detector will have? I assume it is a multi-frequency vlf. What makes it special?

They are keeping all that pretty hush-hush for now what with ND agreements and all.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are keeping all that pretty hush-hush for now what with ND agreements and all.

Yes,, we can't spill the secrets even if we know them (which we don't!) :laughing7: The last discussion we had on water resistance/waterproof was that we were shooting for completely submersible in the 30-35 foot deep range. Nothing etched in stone though, and none of us has seen a final design. It's a wait and see for all of us. We mainly signed on for our input on what we would like to see in a detector (both requirements and wishes), and to test it once there is a prototype.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread