CZ-20 Saga goes on

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well I got a call from Fisher this morning and they said they are sending my detector back to me today and it would take 3-5 days to get here. I asked them what was wrong and they said they could not duplicate the problem so they replaced the "guts" in mine. I said well does that mean I am getting a new detector and he said not a "new" one but essentially it is new whatever that means. I told him that I will check it out when it gets here and I STILL HAVE HIS PHONE NUMBER! He laughed but I WAS QUITE SERIOUS!

My son is working down in Venice for the next 2-3 weeks and has invited me down to stay with him in his hotel for a couple days. He says it is very close to the beach. I hope it gets here real quick AND I hope it WORKS so I can take him up on his invitation!

I sure miss hunting in the water.

Upvote 0

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my fingers crossed for you ....... Hope that sucker is all good to go when you get it.. from your post , i didnt quite understand if it was still dead when they got it still or some how it got jar'd in transit and was working when it arrived there ??? If they replaced the guts for you and Tested it out great <<< i hope they did.. Go get the gold down at Venice... mumszie..
HH Paul

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it would seem to me, and I'm just a mindless consumer, that the time, energy, and parts needed to replace the "guts" of something would be alot more than putting a new unit in a shipping crate, slappin some stamps on it and walking it to Mumzie (5 days across country)would have been the way to go.,,,,,,,but what do I know? ONLY THAT I"LL NEVER BUY A FISHER METAL DETECTOR IN MY LIFETIME.

Mumzie, did you send them a copy of the previous thread about this thing?

I am glad you are getting it back. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
davest said:
it would seem to me, and I'm just a mindless consumer, that the time, energy, and parts needed to replace the "guts" of something would be alot more than putting a new unit in a shipping crate, slappin some stamps on it and walking it to Mumzie (5 days across country)would have been the way to go.,,,,,,,but what do I know? ONLY THAT I"LL NEVER BUY A FISHER METAL DETECTOR IN MY LIFETIME.

Mumzie, did you send them a copy of the previous thread about this thing?

I am glad you are getting it back. :thumbsup:

No actually I was really ( REALLY!) considering contacting Judge Judy or one of those shows and seeing if I could get on them. I figured that would be National coverage but I will now wait and see what happens when I finally get this back for the second time.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mumzie,
When you get to Venice, let me know. If you like, you can borrow my BHID. for your stay.

Plus I'll be your guide if you like.

Ralph

HH

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Montauk3 said:
Mumzie,
When you get to Venice, let me know. If you like, you can borrow my BHID. for your stay.

Plus I'll be your guide if you like.

Ralph

HH

Thank you very much for the ofter but I am HOPING that my CZ will be FIXED this time. LOL I will let you know when if and when I'll be down there. Next week sometime I think.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this really surprises me. When I finally had to send my Impulse to them, they fixed it and got it back to me in record time. On the other hand, I know how once in awhile things can go wrong and they just keep growing. I'm glad it's coming back to you and am sure it's working right.

Deepsix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread