cz6(a)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the land version of the CZ20 only you have a saltwater mode switch to turn off. All the coils available for this detector have the longer cable for hip mounting or hanging from your neck for water wading too. I found the meter to be fairly accurate except it can't tell the difference between a pull tab and a gold ring just like all the other meter detectors. I found the "bobbing method to ground balance easier in Auto Tune than using the pinpoint button. Since it has no speaker to get messed up by the weather, a good set of head phones is a great help. I like Black Widows, but Grey Ghost, Ratphones, killr bees, and a few others are worth the extra cost.

You will find that this detector actually gets deeper with a lower sens. setting than cranking it up. It has three tones to help id the target. Take note that you can lose the white gold rings by not digging the foil targets on the meter. Don't dig pull tabs and you could be missing 90% of any yellow gold rings that are lost. Since digging in the sand is so easy, dig it all and save it if it's trash. Don't toss it back in the water to find again.

It is a sweet detector that has paid for itself many times over and is still going strong, but my Sov. GT is catching up.
Sandman

OP
OP
prodrigsr

prodrigsr

Mar 12, 2008
South Texas
Detector(s) used
CZ6a and Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Sandman

Those are the kind of tips i need to know. Thanks.

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CZ6a......One of the best detectors ever.

Few tips.

- Sweep slow

- Ground balance as Sandman said...using the bobbing method ( although using the pin point method is very easy and accurate, the bobbing method, especially in 'dirty ground' is more accurate and you can fine tune it)

- When coin hunting, keep the discrim knob on '0' at first to listen to all tones. This way, if you come across a deep piece of iron, you will hear both the low tone and possible high tone bounce. If you were to have the knob on '1', you would then eliminate the low tone sound, and would only hear the high tone on a low tone/high tone bounce, and think it is a good target. Now, I have dug some really deep silver coins ( 14 inches ) that gave faint low tone/high tone bounces, but the strong low tone/high tone bounces are almost always iron. Remember, CZ's do like iron, and can be fooled and give the high tone. But repeatable high tones only are good targets...dig em.

- Make sure you run your sensitivity to where the detector is stable. I have a hot CZ6a, and cannot run sensitivity past 4 or 5..never more than 6 in discrim mode. Too much falsing. I have had excellent results running at 2 or 3 and it still goes very deep. Make sure this machine is stable when hunting or you will dig lots of iron and false targets.

- Use your pin point button to size the target. If it is a wide sized target, mostly always iron

- When pin pointing the target in discrim mode, if the target seems to pin point in one spot, and when you re-pin point again, it seems to move, it is almost always iron.

- Sweep your coil from all angles. Any repeatable high or mid tone...dig it

- Get the 5 inch coil if you can !! It is the most incredible coin killer in trash and you can still get the deepies. Pin points dead on

- For beach hunting, you can use All metal ( auto tune ) if you want to go a little faster and get a wider search signal, and then switch to disrim when you get a target

- On the beach, if you can run in the normal mode without any falsing ( meaning your beach is not too mineralized) do so...it is more sensitive to gold in the normal mode.

- HAVE FUN !

- One last thing....I will NEVER SELL MINE !!!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I have searched all over the net for a picture of a CZ6A. No Luck! Can someone post a picture of one? Thanks, Shane

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read this and took a pix. It is not really clear but it shows the face plate.

Attachments

• Fisher CZ6a (WinCE).jpg
    Fisher CZ6a (WinCE).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 325

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks sandman, I have a new friend on Tnet that lives near me and he has one. I was just curious. He has found some awesome CW relics and hes taking me with him this upcoming week end to hunt where he finds all the good stuff! I'm so excited that I may find something besides a bunch of clad for once. cheers, Shane

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prodrigsr said:
Need pointers on this machine for when I receive it. Thanks

Wonderful machine.

Tip: The control knobs are very easy to bump accidentally during field use....monitor their positions more closely than other detectors.

I will be keeping my CZ6A as a backup to White's DFX300. Ergonomics are great, and the electronics are bullet-proof.

:thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tip about going hunting with buddy to "his spot." I bought my buddies old detector when he wanted to buy a new one. We went hunting to his old spot for him to test out his detector. I was walking behind him using his old detector when I find a old coin purse with two silver halves, two merc dimes and four wheaties. He was really pissed off as he missed it with his new Garrett. He just didn't put the coil over it is all but I haven't seen him since.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Tip about going hunting with buddy to "his spot." I bought my buddies old detector when he wanted to buy a new one. We went hunting to his old spot for him to test out his detector. I was walking behind him using his old detector when I find a old coin purse with two silver halves, two merc dimes and four wheaties. He was really pissed off as he missed it with his new Garrett. He just didn't put the coil over it is all but I haven't seen him since.

Great story! I BET he was p*ss*d!!

:thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Sandman said:
I read this and took a pix. It is not really clear but it shows the face plate.
Aw man it's one of the prettiest front ends a detector ever sported. Mine was a CZ5, pretty much the same. Lordy how I miss her.

Erdspiegel

Feb 7, 2009
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
shanegalang said:
I have searched all over the net for a picture of a CZ6A. No Luck! Can someone post a picture of one? Thanks, Shane

Here's another picture;for people who are interestet in:

Attachments

• Bild 007.jpg
    Bild 007.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Bild 005.jpg
    Bild 005.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 259

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions