Dahlke 2 1/2 dredge

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dahlke 2 1/2'' dredge

I recently purchased a new Dahlke dredge and thought I would share my experience with all of you.
I ordered the dredge on a Thursday and it was delivered the following Tuesday.
When I unboxed it and started assembling it I noticed the bars the engine was mounted on were bent slightly so I called Erich, the new owner, to let him know. He offered to send me a new one overnight but I declined and told him I would straighten the one I had.
After assembling the dredge and adding oil and gas to the engine I put the dredge in a kiddy pool and cranked it. When it cranked I heard a scrubbing noise and shut it down and called Erich again.
I told him what happened and he assured me there was not a problem and said the pumps have such tight tolerances that sometime they will rub when the engine is run for the first time.
He again offered to send me a new pump if I was uncomfortable with this one. I declined and told him I would run it as is and see what happened.
We took the dredge out a couple of days later to test it and I could not be happier. It is easy to drag to the creek, the engine and pump worked great, it recovers super fine gold and is a breeze to clean out.
This is a great little dredge and I am very pleased with it so far.
I did buy a Proline 2 1/2 in suction nozzle for it and added a pvc Y in the pressure hose for a blaster nozzle attachment, should be perfect now.

Wes

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah thats sweet, but...

Where's the gold? :) Post some pics!

I want a dredge pretty bad, glad to hear it was a good experience for you! Also, dang that's some pretty quick turn around, and some top notch customer service right there.

OP
OP
G

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm too dumb to posts pics and to old to learn, have to use your imagination, kinda like sex!!!!!!!! lol

Wes

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFL nice Wes, do you weigh it out? Will you dive or is this for long arming? How deep are you going? (careful, lol!!!)
If you do dive are you going to add air to it or get one of those 12 volt hookahs or something else?

Thanks!
P70

OP
OP
G

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this dredge for a specific creek me and my buddy are prospecting on. Very shallow bedrock so we can long arm.
The access is tough! We put a 3'' proline in but it about killed us.
This dredge is perfect for what we are doing.
I wish I had discovered gold prospecting about 20 years ago! lol

Wes

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread