Where to highbank in the Motherlode *bump*

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
*bump* From AA.

Curious where is legal to highbank in the placer, Nevada, El Dorado Counties. I called BLM, sent me to the Mother Lode Office of CA. They said Cronan is off limits, and the ASRA is off limits..so that is a third time hearing from different sources.

I give ClayDiggins So Much props (for lack of better words). This is tiring, just attempting to find a good local. Let alone a claim (I have been on a 10 month journey looking for a new claimsite for myself in these wonderful hills of ours)

Heavy Pans!!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You mean Powersluicing don't you. Highbanking you may not be able to do but PowerSluicing is a great way to process material. SEF and I stopped at the Iowa Hill general store and drinking establishment yesterday morning and spoke with Brenda for about an half hour. If your in that area stop in she is a wealth of local knowledge and they have a great dog that will guide you the 3.7 miles down the Stevens Trail Eastside if you want to go. We couldn't make the trip and the dog seemed pretty bummed about it. As for ASRA contact the Auburn Goldhounds about the seasons and restrictions on ASRA powersluicing. Powersluicing does have a season there.

On a side note someone I know called ASRA about sluicing at Mineral Bar while they will be camping there. They were told over the phone that it is Hands and Pans Only. Meanwhile hanging on the ASRA info board at Mineral Bar Campground as of yesterday morning is a laminated sheet of ASRA rules that state that sluicing and panning are legal in any gravel, cobble bar or sandbar that get flooded annually.

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Highbanking / = / Powersluicing

(:?)

OP
OP
TheGoldProspector

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Emailed BLM And ML Field Office again - Changed use of terms - From Highbanking --> Powersluicing.

let's see if we get a different response..

Thanks GM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread