356.8 KB · Views: 179

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got ripped off, no? About 2- and-a- 1/3-ounces of silver for $213.00? What am I missing here?

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah-oh! Look closer.. think it says George Jetson.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did really well :icon_thumleft: I would have no problem giving you $500 for it and figuring on doubling my money if not more. Congrats

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look up Georg Jensen 171 necklace.:laughing7:

Um, yeah I looked it up. I wish you all the luck in the world getting your money back on that. :icon_thumright:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked it up too and my offer stands. Here is one that ended a few months ago. I believe I could get closer to $1200.

DSC00724.JPG

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I have to look up the Georg Jensen art glass piece I picked up a few months ago. Now where did I put it ???

Congrats on the find.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question....... Why did you buy the Jewelry VIP Program Plan? Sounds like a warranty on the item you already knew was silver. Surely it isn't this, why would a pawn shop sell a warranty plan lol.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its amazing companies like this and Tiffany can make sterling silver so valuable. I wish I had their magic powers !!

Keep @ it and HH !!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question....... Why did you buy the Jewelry VIP Program Plan? Sounds like a warranty on the item you already knew was silver. Surely it isn't this, why would a pawn shop sell a warranty plan lol.
I may be wrong but I believe that is something Grant paid for that will give him discounts on future purchases there. Maybe?

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be wrong but I believe that is something Grant paid for that will give him discounts on future purchases there. Maybe?

Ah didn't think about that, could be it. Just found it odd to be 10% of the item purchased.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! You should do well but, frankly I don't see that much appeal in the piece as a whole. I guess it is all in the name. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the VIP plan is for additional deals on jewelry purchases. I didn't buy it!... When the girl checked me out she said she went ahead and gave me the VIP discount plus the 20% off the $260. price plus, she added a silver cloth and a jar of jewelry cleaner with the purchase. She likes me I can tell:tongue3:, I always treat those pawn shop girls extra sweet. They get a load of guff from allot of the customers and like it when your nice.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! You should do well but, frankly I don't see that much appeal in the piece as a whole. I guess it is all in the name. :icon_thumright:
I know what your saying Dime. Jensen is all in the name. I've had pieces sell in the 4 figures before. Keep your eye out for them. Most the places we all hunt never know they should look in to GJ pieces. They just think is silver and worth more then the average piece of jewelry. Georg Jensen as been producing silver pieces of all kinds for over 100 years and just about all of it is worth good money. Don't spend big on Georg Jensen marked U.S.A. it's legitimate Georg Jensen design, but collectors don't value the same as pieces made in Denmark.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked it up too and my offer stands. Here is one that ended a few months ago. I believe I could get closer to $1200.

View attachment 923675
Thanks so much for the Worthpoint report biggmike! What are your thought on others getting it? I've seen some of the stuff I sold on ebay snipped off and posted on WP. Some times I just can't find any good estimate on potential purchases and just go with my gut or walk away only to find later I should have got that thing. I navigate pricing on ebay as I feel that's the going rate on almost anything, but if there ain't no history other then WP I think then I should buy it.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a huge lot of 141 high dollar vintage knives and although most were on ebay completed items many were not. I opened an account and it saved me hundreds if not thousands on the knives alone. I just kept the account open and have used it numerous times to assist in pricing. I have an ebay store and pretty much have to price my items so it really helps. If you run traditional auctions then I wouldn't think Worthpoint would be as much a help as it helps me. It's $15 a month or $149 a year and it's worth every penny to me but again I look up almost everything I buy that I am not familiar with and ebay doesn't always have a good amount of completed items of that item. I bought a Rosemeade bat spoon rest and could not find it in ebay. I found other Rosemeade items and figured I would get around $100-$200 but didn't know. I tried Google and the only one I found took me to Worthpoint so I did the free trial and found 2 of them that went for $340 and $400. Mine sold for $380 I think. When I bought the knives I got the Worthpoint subscription and use it regularly. If you look up a lot of items and need completed prices it's great. I only use Worthpoint as a look-up site for prices and have never actually listed anything there. To tell the truth I didn't realize you could list there. If you only need a price once in a while just PM me with a link to the item on Worthpoint and I can help you out with that.

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find I just sold one of his napkin rings for 145 weighted alot less than that. You will make a decent profit off that one.

BTW what is a jewlery VIP program plan you paid 15.00 for that for a resale piece?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread