"Dawgg Days Of Colorado Summer has begun!" ---

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
"Dawgg Days Of Colorado Summer has begun!" ---

Tuesday
July 15, 2007

Since my last post of finds, going's been tough and pickings slim! I like early morning hunts but by 10am, the heat is definitely on. I've been concentrating on one particular area that has produced in the past but never ample-ly. I did manage to find a nice gold on silver plated pendant with more than likely CZ stones and some sort of Indian pendant. Sadly, I gouged the backside getting it from 8 inches beneath the ground. The rest of my take is nothing special. The ring is El Cheapo; I doubt the lady cried when it was lost. :( And, the studded wrist band was found on the ground surrounded by about ten Lincoln pennies. A weird dude lives near by and it was probably his Satanic gift to the Metal Detecting Gods!

My new White's DFX arrived today along with a 5" and 12" coil. I'm anxious to give it a go but will have to wait until tomorrow as life beckons!

COIN COUNT:
56 Lincolns
02 Nickels
09 Dimes
04 Quarters
06 Wheats (1916D-1922D-1926D-1929-1942-S-1944)
01 Copper Slug
TOTAL 77 COINS VALUE $2.62 cents

Thank you for your interest, pics are below!
GRB

5zppcv9.jpg

Goold on Silver Pendant with Diamonettes

62drqbl.jpg

Indian Pendant Sterling Silver

4u4tnkm.jpg

Cheap Gold Plated Ring with Fake Diamond

4r8dfg6.jpg

3 Days of "almost" Loot-less!

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: "Dawgg Days Of Colorado Summer has begun!" ---

wow! I thought they were great!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That isn't an Indian pendant... it's an old Christian pendant. The X with the P through is the Greek lettering for Chi Rho. The Chi Rho is one of the earliest cruciform symbols used by Christians. It is formed by superimposing the first two letters of the word "Christ" in Greek, chi = ch and rho = r. Although not technically a cross, the Chi Rho invokes the crucifixion of Jesus as well as symbolizing His status as the Christ.
http://www.rochester.edu/College/REL/symbols/chiro.html

And the the one on the left is the Greek letter for Alpha (the Beginning) and the one on the right is the Greek letter for Omega (the End)... in reference to God. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Hello Guys!
Thanks for looking!

Religious medallion; now that makes sense! :)
It has a Phoenix on the reverse side also.

GRB

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Nice pile of loot you have, the next time solid gold will be waiting for you to find it.

That looks like a US Army rifle marksmanship qualification badge on the leather studded item. It's of the sharpshooter class distinguished by the 2 circles in the middle.

Thanks for sharing and HH.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Great finds! It's getting hot here too, you have to go early in the morning. Keep em coming!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Nice finds! More pennies that I like to dig, but if thats all thats offered!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

<< I like early morning hunts but by 10am, the heat is definitely on. >>

YOu hunt int he morning in Colorado because the heat is on.

Yet I COME to Colorado because it is so COOL. I hunt during the day and it is GREAT.

LOLOL.

I guess that's because I'm in Phoenix, and the morning temperature is about 92 when i gte up (the "Cool" part of the day) and by the afternoon it is about 115. As I type this, it says it is 111 out there.

I guess it all depends on your viewpoint. :-)

Good hunting. Where did you find all these things? (Type of place, not an exact location, of course)

John

OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Hey Guys, I spent 30 plus years in Texas so I know hot! :)
Colorado's nice because at least one knows it will cool off at night. I'm yet to turn the a/c in the house on but the wife's beginning to toss around subtle hints such as "We're eatting cold cuts until the heat's off!"

John,
I've been visiting an old church in the area with an adjacent ball park; got to love those churches! :)

GRB

R

RUDY2003

Keep yourself cool GRB. Seems like you still get plenty of time to dig some holes....
Nice pile of coin...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions