Day#21 Awful day today...but! w/pic

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Thought about taking a day off today, but the itch got to me. Thought I'd save on gas and time and decided to do a "Rich, Obediah and apush" venture and just get a box from a bank that I knew had them. Turned out to be a total "skunk", but was able to dump the $500 down the road at one of my branch banks. Hit the road and searched a total of 17 different banks and was skuned all the way with other CRHers dumps. A total of $770 and not a single silver coin. Getting a little desperate to keep the streak going, I kept hitting bank after bank with absolutely no luck. Even the few loose ones they had were all clad. After almost six hours, I decided to accept the reality of the streak finally coming to an end and headed home. About two miles from my house I made one last stop at a BOA that sometimes produces. Was so tired, I just used the drive up window and asked for halves. The teller checked with everyone and said they only had "one half dollar" and she held it up at the window. Low and behold I could see it was silver. When I took it out of the slide-out tray, sure enough it was a nicely toned 1965 Kennedy. So Rich, as the "Three Dog Night" once sang, "One is the loneliest number that you'll ever see" So after six hours, 64 miles and a whole lot of gas the streak continues. Hope the pic comes out okay. Gonna take some days off. I need a break.
Happy Hunting everyone,
rileyboy

Attachments

• 0727001614a.jpg
    0727001614a.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love your posts! Rough day at school today, but dang you brought a smile to my face!!! Keep that streak alive!!! It really, really keeps so many of us going when times (silver) is tough!

Was Riley with you? Gosh, I gotta get a silver-sniffen' dog! LOL :icon_sunny:

apush :read2:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
You made it by the skin of your teeth :thumbsup:
I once did a near hundred mile trip hitting one bank after another only to get 13 clad :dontknow:
HH
Rich

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Wow...that's really pushing it to the limit, but the streak lives! Good luck tomorrow.

Joad

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My lephrachun ran away as well. I found $1700 in halves today over 400 miles and 9 cities. No idea how many banks but it was all day and i found 4 x 40%. As usual we have to enjoy the luck when we have it haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread