No silver for you!

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
I went to a different branch of my dump bank today. Brought in $250 in halves for their coin counting machine. I can hear the teller put the coin through the machine and she comes out to let me know how much it was (I already knew). Then another teller comes out with a container of my halves, dumps them out on her counter, and proceeds to go through them. Her back is to me, but I can see what she is doing as she is manning the drive through. My teller says "you have a lot of halves, must have been saving them for a long time." I tell her "I have a big box of them at home." I could just imagine the drive through teller salivating at that and imagining all that silver I must be turning in. ;D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
The coin counter machine in this particular branch is in the vault area. Out of sight. It would be unusual if she had to roll them, as the other branches just dump them into a bag. I asked if I could buy a bag from the machine (thinking of trying to get the quaters), but I was told "NO" rather quickly.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would make sure you bring her more. Heck $250, why not bring her a nice 1k. I am sure that will keep her entertained for the day. Heck if I was in your situation I might mark a few with a few choice messages for her just for fun.

I have had this happen before when I turned in shotgun rolls. The teller opened them up in front of me and was going through them. She told me she was looking to see if there was any silver in them. I just smiled. After about 5 minutes I asked her if I could get my cash and go because my 3 year old was driving me crazy trying to get more lollipops out of the basket. She finally gave me my cash and I walked out with a big smile on my face knowing she was going to open the rest later.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coincrazed said:
I am strongly against teller that save silver when they should be getting their freakin' daggon work done. I would paint every single freaking half dollar's daggon edge in the next box of halves you bring in, maybe even put your monogram on them. Good luck. - coincrazed
:(
Do yourself a favor and don't take this advice.
HH
enamel7

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this happened to me also last week. I dumped about 40 rolls at this one bank and one of the tellers took a bee dive to get them.. He started going through them as I went out the door. At another bank I dumped about 30 rolls as the teller who was waiting on me cashed me out I heard the head teller say she wanted them she also was going thru them as I was going out the door. I had to grin a little as I was walking out :laughing7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread