Day# 23 "Another unplanned hit" w/pic

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Day# 23 "Another unplanned hit" w/pic

Stopped at my personal bank this morning to cash a check. My usual teller guy who always takes all my "dump offs" without a problem, tells me that he has had a box of half dollars he ordered a month ago for another customer, but the guy never came back. My teller friend knows I never order boxes, but offered it to me and said I could take it home and go threw it then bring back what I don't want. Thought about it and said, "what the heck, I'll take it". Got it home and taught myself how to open one end of the corporate shotgun rolls using a small flat head screwdriver. I'm sure you guys have been doing that for years, but to me, doing boxes is new. Anyway, there was one "ender" that was a 1964 Kennedy. After a lot of work, the box yielded (1) nice 1943 Walker in EF-40 condition...(3) 1964, (1) 1966, (2) 1967 and (1) 1968: Really like the four 90%ers. Can also say, I saved a lot of money on gas and travel time as my bank is only two miles away. With today's luck, I'm starting to think that maybe doing a box now and then is less of a hassle. Except for the good score last week, all I seem to get are loose clad and other CRHers "dumps" with an occasional 40%er in a tray. Will still do the road trips for sure. Sorry for the lousey pic, but had to use my cell phone again. Streak unexpectantly reaches 23.
rileyboy

Attachments

• 0730001643a.jpg
    0730001643a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Day# 23 "Another unplanned hit" w/pic

Nice, I got a walker today too, a 35. I have a lot of coin left to search, but I had a really good day so far. Cheers to keeping the streak going, I'm just now hitting 10 in a row. Only getting 1 or 2 hunts in a week.

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Day# 23 "Another unplanned hit" w/pic

Riley you and I are having very similar hits. I was done for the month but my business checking bank told me they had a box someone didnt pick up if i wanted it. Having been charged here a few weeks ago for ordering nickels i said id be happy to take the box unless they were gonna charge me to do them a favor. He laughed and said of course not. Only 5 x 40% in the box but it was 5 more i never would have had.

Keep it going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread