Day 3 at the old house here in town

Rebelreb

Jan 2, 2008
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Eagle , Eagle Spectrum and BH
Back today to the house I have been hunting for a couple days now few memorial pennies --and then it got interesting---out pops a 1892 V-nickel and a few more swings (well maybe quite a few)
get a broken quarter reading digging down about 7 inches I see the glint that looks so sweet.
but my glee was short lived as I dug my first Barber in 24 years of digging to see a nice chunk cut off of it. well maybe the next one will be better.--thanks for looking

Attachments

• img_0009.jpg
    img_0009.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 498
  • img_0011.jpg
    img_0011.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 495
  • img_0010.jpg
    img_0010.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

tford62

May 1, 2008
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Your first Barber in 24 yrs of Md'ing?!?!?! You are scaring me, cuz it was the first silver I found and I don't want to go 24 more yrs without finding another. But, seriously................I hope you find another real soon and she is a cherry.

T.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that has got to be a first for me..hadn't seen one cut that bad...maybe a lawn mower got it b4 it sunk. Still, very nice find.

OP
OP
Rebelreb

Rebelreb

Jan 2, 2008
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Eagle , Eagle Spectrum and BH
plehbah said:
That is too bad. What did you use to dig that with if I may ask?
use a digging tool -just a cheapy like what ya get in a kit----its very blunt on the edges

-but i had a wide plug cut and dug out the dirt with my fingers-I have learned through the years to be real careful --esp. when I knew it was silver--lol

chuckbordell

May 26, 2008
Missoula, mt
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Whites MXT
Believe it or not, I once found a Barber quarter that someone had placed on the train tracks and it got completely flattened out. I could barely make out a few markings on it. Back then a quarter was a lot of money, so I can't understand why they did that. :icon_scratch:

Chuck

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's too clean of cut to be a lawn mower. That was deliberately done by a human. Too bad. Looked like a nice coin too

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
my guess is it was cut by a dentist to make a filling. the cut was too clean for an accident.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

And congrats on your first Barber. :thumbsup:

I guess ya can't go wrong with field cleaning when there's a chunk missing on the coin.

:-\

-Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions