Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today I met up with diggerDan and we went back to the sidewalk tearouts for a third trip for me. This place has been absolutely amazing at giving up the goods the first two trips there. Today was no different. :thumbsup:

First dig of the day was a nice V nickel, then scored a merc dime laying right on the surface of an area I knew I went over before. Today I went super slow and gridded it pretty tight. :laughing7:

There was an empty lot where an old house burned down in the 1970's and now there is just a house trailor sitting on the lot. I knocked and asked the owner if he minded if we went over the lot, and explained to him we were detecting all the sidewalk tearouts in front of his property. He gave us the green light but told me his lot has been detected several times. LOL....that means nothing to me, in fact I consider it a challenge! Right off the bat I started getting buffalo nickels, 1..2...3....4....wow. :hello2:
Amazing.....then got 3 mercs bam, bam, bam....one was a 1916...4th 1916 merc in 3 weeks now. LOL, ;D
got 2 wheats and an indian, then back to more tearouts. Nabbed another indian, a token for good for 5 cents at the bar, then my 5th buffalo. Wow, a new personal record for the most buffalos in a day for me. :hello2:

Found the little sterling "Jean" charm and a couple more wheats to end the day. This tearout has been the best I have ever done. In 3 trips there, and about 12 total hrs hunting I got the following:

8 silver dimes
10 indians
8 buffalo
2 V nickels
21 wheats
2 tokens
silver charm

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01396.jpg

Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That settles it, I'm moving to Ohio :laughing7: Geez, how many silvers are you up to for the year so far? Amazing. I like the way you do your pics too. What camera you using?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, a lot of good ones there! Must have been fun...

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
That settles it, I'm moving to Ohio :laughing7: Geez, how many silvers are you up to for the year so far? Amazing. I like the way you do your pics too. What camera you using?
I am at 161 silver, 96 indians...I use a cheapie walmart camera, it was $89 bucks on clearance, sony DSC-S930

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
That's some serious coinshooting, Goes4ever! Was interested with the octagonal trade token: not too common a shape for trade tokens, making it more collectible than many. Any idea what it was made of?

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Outstanding haul!!! :icon_thumright: :headbang:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
That's some serious coinshooting, Goes4ever! Was interested with the octagonal trade token: not too common a shape for trade tokens, making it more collectible than many. Any idea what it was made of?
I believe it is brass

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a video of the hunt

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. Your soil is really kind to coins. Nice video. Congrats. :notworthy:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice vid!!!!!!! good hunt!!! MR TUFF

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, hunting before poptabs...................!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work!! That "Jean" charm appears to be part of a WWII era sweetheart bracelet. I saw a bracelet made of links just like it on Ebay a couple weeks ago. Sweet finds! :icon_thumleft:

Steve

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldiver said:
Very nice work!! That "Jean" charm appears to be part of a WWII era sweetheart bracelet. I saw a bracelet made of links just like it on Ebay a couple weeks ago. Sweet finds! :icon_thumleft:

Steve
neat info! thank you!

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made my day with all the Silver and stuff. Awesome token to I love finding those.. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IAsoldier said:
You made my day with all the Silver and stuff. Awesome token to I love finding those.. :icon_thumleft:
I made your day? How did I make ur day....lol

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goes4ever said:
Goldiver said:

Steve
neat info! thank you!

Very sweet charm. WWII era sounds right for the name Jean, too; my mom was born 1922 & that was her name. See this cool link about name distribution over the years: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...GivenNameE.jean-_**Jean.UnitedStates.female--

Great finds!!
Tigger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread