Day 9 - Barley Field 2...... SILVER Holiday!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my own again today for 5 hours 45mins, my arm & back canes now!

A good day today:

Hammered Silver of Charles I (Penny) - 1620s
Cut 1/2 Penny of Henry III - 1250s
1853 Silver Sixpence
1887 Silver Sixpence

I've had 4 hammered in 4 days ;D

3 scrappies
another Medieval Horse Pendant & close by the hanger
Livery Button
Interesting Victorian Bag Seal which sealed a bag of 'Guano' for the fields.

I need a rest :P

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 723
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 722
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 709
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 704
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 698
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 696
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
there is no agreament! he couldn't be any less interested and he's never asked what i've found :icon_scratch:

he just wants his five pounds!

what would happen if i did find something though?

This is what I trying to help you with. If you find a item which you have to hand in by Law, you will need to give a 6 figure map reference. If this for example is on his land then they will write to him & ask what agreement you had. If he gets wind of the money he will say 'what agreement?' & get it all. If he is fair he will agree to 50%. However he should give up his 50% when he charges, but you need it in writing, or you could say (like I do) that any significant find will earn him 50% of its saleable value. Therefore making all searches free.

what if the six figure map reference showed it was found in a pasture field that is owned by a friend?

Then its what ever the agreement is with your friend.

thanks for that warning by the way, i suppose i should clear it up with him though in case of anything important where lying to a team of archeologists could be hard :tard:
its not the money anyway i wouldn't sell anything

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
are sharpening stones a common find on ploughed land ?

i think i found my second today he can have half of that ;D

I've only had 1 ::)

that puts me on top in the old sharpening stone stakes then "ha ha" ;D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
there is no agreament! he couldn't be any less interested and he's never asked what i've found :icon_scratch:

he just wants his five pounds!

what would happen if i did find something though?

This is what I trying to help you with. If you find a item which you have to hand in by Law, you will need to give a 6 figure map reference. If this for example is on his land then they will write to him & ask what agreement you had. If he gets wind of the money he will say 'what agreement?' & get it all. If he is fair he will agree to 50%. However he should give up his 50% when he charges, but you need it in writing, or you could say (like I do) that any significant find will earn him 50% of its saleable value. Therefore making all searches free.

what if the six figure map reference showed it was found in a pasture field that is owned by a friend?

Then its what ever the agreement is with your friend.

thanks for that warning by the way, i suppose i should clear it up with him though in case of anything important where lying to a team of archeologists could be hard :tard:
its not the money anyway i wouldn't sell anything

I sell nothing, but if the museum wants it, then they give you the money or share it with the farmer depending what the split was. In my opinion lying about which ploughed field you got an item from would fall any archie. They are not that clever (sorry any Archie on here). What is more of an issue to me is that the historial context is lost. Thats why I have a GPS & map most things medieval & older.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
thats what i meant im a crap liar and it would kill me knowing they were looking in the wrong place!
my interest is in history and i allways wanted to be an archeologist but i thought you had to be clever :icon_scratch:

doug i didnt realize you had to swear on oath :o

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
thats what i meant im a crap liar and it would kill me knowing they were looking in the wrong place!
my interest is in history and i allways wanted to be an archeologist but i thought you had to be clever :icon_scratch:

I thought that too until I meet a load of them.

D

Doug UK

shaun7 said:

Shaun,

Yep, bible in one hand, “The evidence I shall give…………..so help me god”

The inquest is held in a court of law, the only thing is the coroner himself gives a verdict on the evidence before him/her.

I was reminded several times before I answered a question I was still under oath!!!

Our county coroner holds a fearsome reputation and if you have any sense (me) you do not tell “fibs”

Doug

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
we should be given a grant for batteries then as i dont see anyone else walking for miles looking for her majesty's lost treasure!! >:(

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
we should be given a grant for batteries then as i dont see anyone else walking for miles looking for her majesty's lost treasure!! >:(

Its nothing to do with her majesty, she has no right to it at all, unless on her land. Its the landowner who has the rights. The coroner is the legal stamp that administers the Treasure Act on behalf of the landowner. The Museums have a right under this Act to give the landowner & finder the market value so that important historial items are keep for everyone greater knowledge. Its a very fair system. Many countries would love to have it.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Specially as the market valuation they give is far better than what you could get on the black market.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is not fair is that they take 1.5 years to get it all sorted when I only have 14 days to hand it in. Even though their guidelines say it will take 1 year.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
are you free to write a book about your finds and display them in its pages ? it sounds to me like you have an incentive to go swinging your metal detector. we had 4-6 foot waves today so I took it easy. I'll post my latest finds today.

p.s. you got a few more goodies, keep them coming.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Crusader! I've met a few Archies here in Germany, to some it is just a job. HH, Mike

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds Crusader! I've met a few Archies here in Germany, to some it is just a job. HH, Mike

To be fair, they can dig :D

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Richie Benaud would say - "Marvellous!" (apologies to our American friends - its a cricket analogy)

As much as I love seeing your scappies and hammered, the Guano seal stood out to me. Nothing like a good bag of Guano to grow treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread