Day Off = more Gold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wen't down and sluiced again for about two hours. No nuggets:sadsmiley:...still nice chunky pieces and the fine stuff is nice and yellow.I still have the superfines to run through the Blue Bowl.Found my third brass boot tack and some shot and a very encrusted square nail.I like the boot tacks being all the same they could have been all coming out of one fellas boots or maybe a few guys had the same boots from the same maker, I normally find more Iron boot tacks than brass, the brass ones stay pretty much original size and the Iron ones are smaller and shorter from corrosion. One more very important thing about Boot Tacks guys:treasurechest:....A small non ferrous boot tack should be found by a detector...and on this little exposed shelf i have found three..and more than a dozen detectable pieces of lead plus the nice pickers this little spot hasn't been hit too hard...YET8-)

Attachments

• gold 1-3-13 002.JPG
    gold 1-3-13 002.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice observation about the brass boot tacks and the bits of lead. If that area had been hit, someone should have detected them for sure.

All the best,

Lanny

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More nice color. :)