Upvote 0

Muddy Treats

Mar 28, 2009
Where The Rivers Meet, WV
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not bad for a first day. We just bought the same machine so i know what you mean with the misses. haha. i'm positive it will pay for itself..just gotta keep on hunting. Nice finds:)

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DFX 300 is nothing more than a regular DFX with a bigger coil. The bigger coil was added because the DFX is well known for poor depth.

Good luck.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those finds look good to me. It's nice to have a new toy. :thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Kas said:
The DFX 300 is nothing more than a regular DFX with a bigger coil. The bigger coil was added because the DFX is well known for poor depth.

Good luck.

Kas,

I do not know where you got your information from, but the DFX can go deep, if you learn how to use it correctly :wink:. I own both the 9.5 inch and the 12 inch coils, and I prefer to use the 9.5. I don't like the added weight, the smaller coil is better for mineralized ground, and trash seperation, and it is a heck of a lot easier to sweep in any conditions other than open fields.

If you do not think the DFX can go deep with the stock 9.5 inch coil, take a look at the 1798 Draped Bust cent in my avatar. I posted that three days ago. It was 14 inches deep. It wasn't the clearest tone, but it was enough to inspire me to dig. Needless to say, I am glad I did!

If you would like to see more of my finds (most with the 9.5 inch coil) visit my site.

The DFX 300 is more of a marketing idea from Whites to sell a machine that will go even deeper than the ALREADY DEEPSEEKING DFX.

VS, give it time and as you begin to move away from the presets you will begin to enjoy the machine, and bring home jewels for the wife!

HH,
Neil

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
Kas said:

Good luck.

Kas,

I do not know where you got your information from, but the DFX can go deep, if you learn how to use it correctly :wink:. I own both the 9.5 inch and the 12 inch coils, and I prefer to use the 9.5. I don't like the added weight, the smaller coil is better for mineralized ground, and trash seperation, and it is a heck of a lot easier to sweep in any conditions other than open fields.

If you do not think the DFX can go deep with the stock 9.5 inch coil, take a look at the 1798 Draped Bust cent in my avatar. I posted that three days ago. It was 14 inches deep. It wasn't the clearest tone, but it was enough to inspire me to dig. Needless to say, I am glad I did!

If you would like to see more of my finds (most with the 9.5 inch coil) visit my site.

The DFX 300 is more of a marketing idea from Whites to sell a machine that will go even deeper than the ALREADY DEEPSEEKING DFX.

VS, give it time and as you begin to move away from the presets you will begin to enjoy the machine, and bring home jewels for the wife!

HH,
Neil

Then the DFX I owned for three years was a dud. I read everyone's book on the DFX, and tweaked is seven ways to Sunday. Never could get beyond 8". Bought a fisher CZ3D with an 8" coil and started digging coins at 9 -10 inches with good clear tones. And, the 10" coil goes way deep. No settings needed. Turn on and go.

Master Sarge

Feb 23, 2007
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe
Great finds!!! I love my DFX and would not own anything else!

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
cool finds and more to come

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread