Daytona Beach gives Up A Nice Mans Silver "Spinner" Ring With Stones 5.10.08

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daytona Beach gives Up A Nice Man's Silver "Spinner" Ring With Stones 5.10.08

According to Magic Seaweed surf at Daytona was suppose to be 6 inches on Sat 5/10, and it was just as predicted. Surf was almost like glass with a tiny 6 inch roll at the beach. About every 15 to 20 mins a 2 foot series of swells would roll in, but all in all it was glass most of the day.

I hunted the 7:30 pm low tide starting at 3 pm and found the mans silver wedding wring about 6:30 pm at the shoreline in about 5 inches of water and maybe a foot deep in the sand. I thought it was a bottle cap when I first saw it in my scoop covered with sand, I went to touch the center of the cap and my finger went all the way through.

Ring has 925 stamp on inside ring, and outer ring holding the stones spins. No diamond tester so can't say yet, will have to wair till I buy one or run into someone who has one..

$1.17 in clad, small silver colored star charm, (no stamp) 22 pull tabs, 6 bottle caps and 1 mans silver ring was the "booty" for the day, well not counting the hundreds and hundreds of bikini clad eye candies. ;D :thumbsup:

Good luck and good hunting to all.

50008Silverwithstones-1.jpg

51108Silverwithstones-1.jpg

Upvote 0
G

gamiller

Re: Daytona Beach gives Up A Nice Man's Silver Ring With Stones 5.10.08

Nice, it's always nice to find a ring.
Things have really picked up lately.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Wow..Thats a really nice looking ring too. Great find TH.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

That is a beautiful ring! Congrats!

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:

SWEEET Ring Good looking Will keep the fingers crossed on the stones ...... Guzz1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

Very nice! Congrats.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice looking ring, that would be a heart stopper seeing it in the scoop and thinking...sweeeet white gold with diamonds!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

does that ring spin,the part with the stones,if so, its called a spin ring...but I tell ya its one awesome ring.. :thumbsup:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Ring TH. I know that thing made your Excalibur sing out a high tone.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bootybay, I didn't think it was a spinner because it would not spin at all. After reading your reply I spent the last 10 mins playing with it, and it is indeed a spinner. The sand was keeping it from spinning, but after a lot of twisting it started to move and now spins freely.

Thanks Bootybay... :thumbsup:

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Daytona Beach gives Up A Nice Man's Silver "Spinner" Ring With Stones 5.10.08

Great job
thumbsup.gif

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
Re: Daytona Beach gives Up A Nice Man's Silver "Spinner" Ring With Stones 5.10.08

I like it -nice ring - Congratulation's

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice ring Treasure_Hunter 8)

pratt

Jan 30, 2008
Grayling, michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG :thumbsup:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! I love it! I can't wait to find something as good as that! WTG

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mumszie, you keep water hunting like you are, and it is only a short time before you see start finding them in your scoop.

There were hundreds of people in the water Sat, I am sure there are more people in the water on the West coast as the water is warmer in the Gulf, compared to the Atlantic.

Lots of fresh drops to tide us over till the weather causes cuts in the beaches to open up "Neptune's" vault and the booty can be found.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
Bootybay, I didn't think it was a spinner because it would not spin at all. After reading your reply I spent the last 10 mins playing with it, and it is indeed a spinner. The sand was keeping it from spinning, but after a lot of twisting it started to move and now spins freely.

Thanks Bootybay... :thumbsup:

Your most welcomed, I gotta admit, this is the first time I Have ever seen a spinner ring with stones in it... once you find out if they are fake or not.. please let me know... do you happen to know what size that ring is by the way?

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:

That's the finest spinner ring I have ever seen ! Nice job.

Tek

PS: I have a diamond tester if you want to check some finds

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Tek, I may take you up on that one day.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

.925 - Sterling Silver - Very, Very nice. When you can't get gold, silver is always nice to find. I really like the setting of the stones. I can only imagine what it looks like when you spin it. Terrific find. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread