DCNR Rangers caught on Camera

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is useless without the video you speak of.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update/ May 30th/13 we have a deal with DCNR to return and drill at the Dents Run lost Gold site. Sorry but all info on this post is removed. Thank You all :notworthy:

Last edited:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Were they using detectors?

Sad thing about humans...they are human, reguardless of their position in life. Easily subjected to what evils befall man even as the lowliest of them. Greed gets the best of em.

Al

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad was once good friends with a DEC officer.They used to dig on state land all the time...Dad told me a story once about how this officer was lying in a wet muddy ditch in full uniform hiding when someone allmost found them out. :laughing7:

mikhen

Jan 11, 2011
Oley, Berks County, Pa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Finders.....Is the area you are digging in classed as a Natural Area? According to info I got last year, State forests are ok to search in, unless they are a Natural Area. Of course, there are some limitations, and the amount of digging you plan on doing may be a no no. But at the same time, the officers did a huge dig themselves.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finders.....Is the area you are digging in classed as a Natural Area? According to info I got last year, State forests are ok to search in, unless they are a Natural Area. Of course, there are some limitations, and the amount of digging you plan on doing may be a no no. But at the same time, the officers did a huge dig themselves.

Hi Miken, I am not 100% sure of the laws on digging at this site so we do not want to dig. After all the years we spent on this site we don't want to mess up now . One mess up could cost us any chance for reward money. To get a reward the find has to be 100% legal

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's in the heavy set guys hand in the first black & white photo. A camera in his left but his right?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry all info on this post had to be removed.

Last edited:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man, good luck! Hope it goes the way you want it.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, On Nov. 1st. our lawyers and DCNR's lawyers set down with us in Harrisburg to see if we could work out a deal before we file the court papers and we have something in the works for now. We could have a drilling crew and the History Channel on site by March or April if everything goes good. It will be good to bring this hunt to a end. I had to delete some pictures and words on this site for this to happen. I will keep you all up to date when I can post something. We have 3 more TV shows to do for next year. The first one is Dents Run, 2nd is Part 2 Knights Templars Treasure in Nova Scotia , 3rd is French Gold Coins 1690's , Coudersport Pa, Then we hope to do the Beale Treasure and Black Beards silver (Parkers) silver in Gardue Pa.

Last edited:

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be sure to let everyone know when we can see your shows :cat:

mikey8

Jan 17, 2013
slippery rock, pa
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster 6000 Di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Records I have seen said the gold was many found years ago. The story was told that the gold was buried in a creek up Dents Run. Not sure a creek runs on the side of a hill. There was a lot of logging up dents run too where the mountain and valley were completely bare. I think if anyone was there in the area at that time, that someone would have surely found it then if it wasnt found before.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's what I have on Dents Run. I know a member that spent 16 years looking for the gold bars. We talked and he gave information on what he had done. He is gone now. I went up there to dig for fax. Here is what I came up with. I interviewed about 6 elderly residents of the area. There stories all agree. The story is a hoax based on an old wives tale. There was a man who was writing a book about this tale and giving lectures to promote the book. The DCNR picked up on this and decided to use it to promote tourism. There is a marked trail that leads to marked trees where a gold bar was supposed to be found. There is a marked area where the "ambush" was supposed to happen. This area was actually the camp for the loging operation. There was even a narrow gauge train to move the logs out. the track bed is still there So you see if you like chasing ghost tales this is the perfect tail to hunt. The only things I found there were old train parts, empty hunting rifle and shotgun cases and rattlesnakes. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread