Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

GibH said:
I wish I knew someone close who could send me this:
http://medford.craigslist.org/ele/1519623366.html

I saw a Tesoro Cutlass II sell for under $80 shipped with "Buy it now" last night on ebay. For those looking for detectors, be patient, deals crop up all the time.

Now if I could only find one of Treasure_Hunter's $475 Excals..... ;D

Call the number listed and try to make a deal for him to ship it.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about it. Geez, the two eclipse and Bigfoot coils are almost worth his asking price.

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Heckuva deal! You don't 'spose it's "hot" do you! But then there was one on e-bay a coupla weeks ago that I think went for about the same.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a few go pretty cheap. I'd snag an MXT if I lived somewhere I could nugget shoot. Right now I'm watching for an Excal or possibly a Sovereign to waterproof if the price is right.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call and ask him if he will ship. I sale on cragslist and if I want to sell bad enough I will ship.....Matt

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes a $490 MXT a good deal? It's not an AMAZING machine. It's an acceptable machine, but nothing incredible. You can find BETTER machines for less money. There is one on ebay right for $500 BIN.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Tesoro Lobo ST just sold on eBay for the "Buy It Now" price of $375. It looked barely used in the photos posted by the seller. I would have bought it, but I bought a new Makida 18 volt cordless compact impact driver kit for $199 instead. It comes with 2 ion batteries and a 15 minute fast charger and will fill a spot in my tool inventory.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
GibH said:
I thought about it. Geez, the two eclipse and Bigfoot coils are almost worth his asking price.
I called there are 4 diffrent pictures and the coils do not go with the MXT.It is 4 diffrent sale items each picture is a diffrent item.........

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
I called there are 4 diffrent pictures and the coils do not go with the MXT.It is 4 diffrent sale items each picture is a diffrent item.........

Not such a great deal then. I guess I didn't read the fine print. I've seen others selling the detector alone for $350. I wouldn't mind trying one, but I either need to get my Surfmaster PI fixed or find an deal on an Excal (or both).

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've bought 7 different detectors off Ebay over the past 8 years or so. So far never had a problem and all the deals were good enough that i could have paid for a repair or two and still come out okay. You have to be patient and keep watching. If you don't win the bid on what you want the first time around, keep watching, another or more of the same model will eventually turn up. I set a price range in my mind and if it goes higher than that, I let it go and start watcing again. Works for me.
HH
luvsdux

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
luvsdux said:
I've bought 7 different detectors off Ebay over the past 8 years or so. So far never had a problem and all the deals were good enough that i could have paid for a repair or two and still come out okay. You have to be patient and keep watching. If you don't win the bid on what you want the first time around, keep watching, another or more of the same model will eventually turn up. I set a price range in my mind and if it goes higher than that, I let it go and start watcing again. Works for me.
HH
luvsdux

Good advice. I do pretty much the same. Between ebay and craigslist, there are always deals to be had. I just found an Excal for $300. Granted it's an older model, but still better than spending over a grand on a detector I may not even like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions