Deceased COPPER and RABID BATWING BUCKLE!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I put on my costume today and headed into the woods to do some trick or treating. My first 3 sites were complete duds, no bodies home and no candy for my bag. BUt finnaly I found a little hole in the woods off the beaten path that didn't appear pounded to mince meat....I spent 2 hours and came up with a SHOT copper, a Batwing buckle, and a nice big fat colonial flat button. The copper appears to be a counterfeit King George, only thing left on it is a G and and a slight raise on the forehead and nose (facing left) Could be another CT to....I don't know. I try not to think about it too much, it kills me not knowing what it was. Thanks for lookin and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Attachments

• 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 701
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

copper, colonial flattie, batwing, trick-r-treating... alot more fun than me today (getting ready for work ::) )

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet BatWing!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hill Billy said:
Nice buckle Sniff :thumbsup:
Thanks man, batwing buckles are a "treat"

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2010 said:
copper, colonial flattie, batwing, trick-r-treating... alot more fun than me today (getting ready for work ::) )
Thanks, I only get one shot a week to find a couple good targets....I"m sure you'll be diggin Spanish silver while I'm day dreamin smashin stuff with heavy equipment.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian W said:
Nice batwing buckle...Any copper is a nice find Congrats :icon_thumleft:
Thats the way I look at it...still very intriguing to find an old Coin that has been handled by people of the by-gone days. It's cool to imagine who was the last to touch it, and how it was lost.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Very nice batwing. The copper counts for the total. :thumbsup:
Chris
THe batwing was a total suprise....I thought the site was gonna be wiped out....and the the copper surfaced...I was happy...this makes the 30th for me this year.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy Nice bag of goodies and the batwing buckle is ultimate perfect find on Halloween :laughing7: RIP ??? copper :( :thumbsup: dawg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how folks can call these Batwings 1830s or later finds when they are so frequently dug with colonial era coppers and buttons--but all I know is that I'd love to find one of those buckles!

Nice job!

-Buck

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every big copper is a good 1 Sniffy ! But that Batwing is outstanding ! I am still waiting for mine ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
Cool finds :icon_thumleft: Atleast your deceased copper dont have a bunch of holes in it ;D

VPR
Hey, Copper is Copper man! I'm happy with any colonial coin in any condition. Buttons as well!

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
Sniffy Nice bag of goodies and the batwing buckle is ultimate perfect find on Halloween :laughing7: RIP ??? copper :( :thumbsup: dawg
Yeah, I thought the same thing...and then I came home and seen the bat halloween decorations...made me smile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread