Deceased COPPER and RABID BATWING BUCKLE!

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I put on my costume today and headed into the woods to do some trick or treating. My first 3 sites were complete duds, no bodies home and no candy for my bag. BUt finnaly I found a little hole in the woods off the beaten path that didn't appear pounded to mince meat....I spent 2 hours and came up with a SHOT copper, a Batwing buckle, and a nice big fat colonial flat button. The copper appears to be a counterfeit King George, only thing left on it is a G and and a slight raise on the forehead and nose (facing left) Could be another CT to....I don't know. I try not to think about it too much, it kills me not knowing what it was. Thanks for lookin and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Attachments

• 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 701
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
I don't know how folks can call these Batwings 1830s or later finds when they are so frequently dug with colonial era coppers and buttons--but all I know is that I'd love to find one of those buckles!

Nice job!

-Buck
Every Batwing buckle I've found came from 18th century sites. Buck, I"m sure you'll score one in your travels.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MaineRelic said:
Every big copper is a good 1 Sniffy ! But that Batwing is outstanding ! I am still waiting for mine ! MaineRelic
;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread