Decissions-Decissions !!!!

G

Grayghost54

Greeting forum fans, in somewhat of a pickle ? Just had a birthday and received some nice cards with dinero in them. I told all my family I REALLY wanted a new detector. The BH 3000 I have is great but I need more flexibility and wife needs the BH 3000 more than me.... Soooo, What is your best advice for a Whites to be used in NM soil ( desert ) that is multi purpose and I can grow with. Like the MXT but see a Classic ID Pro 5 from in internet vendor for about 1/2 the cost of the MXT. What does everyone think... Open for suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help you mighjt afford in this new purchase. Need to be about $700 dollar bracket or less.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
grayghost54,
my money is on the MXT. currently live in colorado where there is high iron content in the soil, which is similar to NM or AZ. i have hunted in AZ with my MXT and find it works great. yes the cost of a MXT is pricey, but for the money you can not go wrong. several questions you must ask yourself;
what are you detector for?
gold - MXT is great
coins - fantastic
relics - can not be beat

suggestions - purchase a 3x5 head works great for all your detecting and better than standard coil.

if you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is tons better than the Whites Classic which is older electronics. Sort of like a B & White TV. You get what you pay for is never more true than with fine metal detectors.

HH,
Sandman

Bottle-cap Bee-otch

Jun 18, 2006
I bought an MXT a few months ago...my first detector. It's easy to use. I have found some good stuff detecting old home sites and dry sand at the beach. I will eventually purchase another machine for the wet stuff...but if I had to have one detector and only one I'd definitely choose the MXT. It's worth the money.

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
The MXT to me is the best all around machine for the money on the market. 3 Detectors in 1 and very easy to use. you can get one for $689 with $150 shopper dollars through Whites until jan 15 2007

RonNewbie

Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, MXT
So what detector did you decide to purchase? I have a DFX but have friends with the MXT and they love them...so I'm anxious to hear if you got it or something else and if you're pleased with your decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread