Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been religiously pounding every site I can from an 1869 map of my county, in no real order as well. I really do not know what took me so long to go look at this spot but I am glad I decided to go tonight. Got to the parking area and hiked out just as the sun was setting. First looks were not good, as its a well traveled area. I figure its probably been hit to death but I start swinging anyway. My very first signal, literally i turned my machine on and set it on the ground and got a tone, was a thimble. So I'm thinking "WOW I just got lucky." For the next few swings I'm listening to the normal symphony on nails and trash you usually find at cellar holes. Very quickly I hit another tone, the outside ring to a pocket watch. Now I'm getting curious.....first two holes resulting in finds...trying not to get my hopes up too much. 5 more minutes of swinging and digging a few pieces of junk, I hit a small d buckle. After that it was game on and things kept just popping up with out much effort at all. I only got to swing for 2 hours, but it worked out well. I can't believe it hasn't been searched yet, it is in plain sight! Guess I am one of very very few who hunt by me. Check out everything I pulled up. So the thimble has me confused, I'm thinking it is promotional from zig zag tobacco? I can't find one like it online yet.

20170928_200326_resized.jpg 20170928_200345_resized.jpg 20170928_200358_resized.jpg 20170928_202321_001_resized.jpg

Upvote 22
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet relic finds! :occasion14:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some really, um, okay finds. WooHoo on that thimble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread