Delat 4000 hard reset?

desertdude

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can anyone tell me if there is a hard reset or any type of reset on the delta 4000? i also own a garret at pro and i know it has a way to do a reset by turning it off...pressing the power button and holding 10 seconds...a friend of mine owns a has a delta 4000 he bought of craigslist and has only used it twice and now when you turn it on it just keeps rotating through all the numbers beeping erratically ...if you turn down the sensitivity it helps some but then doesn't search very deep...any help would be appreciated...thanks

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chances are this is due to EMI at whatever location the Delta is being turned on in. Take the Delta outside away from electronics,electrical cables, electrical devices and try to turn it on and see if the problem continues. If it does not then it was due to EMi, which normally effects sensitive detectors. If the problem continues in an open area away from the aforementioned emitters of EMI, it is a bad coil or control module.

OP
OP
D

desertdude

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your reply...i called teknetics today and explained the problem and they at first also thought it might be an emi issue but after talking to them at length he also thought it could be a bad solder joint...my friend received it as a gift and didn't have the receipt so it would not have been under warranty but they said to send it in anyways and they would do a one time free repair on whatever might be wrong with it...i mailed it out today so when i get it back i will give you a heads up on what it ended up being...thanks again for your help...take care

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had First Texas fix a bounty hunter 2200 for me free of charge too, this is why First Texas is a great company, i would never hesitate to buy a Teknetics, Fisher or Bounty Hunter from them. They are A+!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread