New G2+ on the way?

DonDigger

Jan 11, 2013
Galveston Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics, Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this and was wondering if after the T2 upgrade window closes if Teknetics was going to offer an upgrade to existing G2's as well. Anyone know anything about this? I don't believe the G2+ has been released yet. From their website under News and Events: (to be released this spring)

G2+LTD
The G2+ will be an improved version of the G2 with added features such as FeTone adjustable iron audio, an enhanced V-Break Tone Discrimination system, a new notch mode with adjustable notch width and an adjustable backlight. For a limited time, they will also be available in two camo versions: green and pink (for the ladies!) These new features and colors will set a new standard for this popular relic and gold detector.

Don

Attachments

• G2upgrade.jpg
    G2upgrade.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G2 is great, and the G2 plus gave it more life !

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My original G2 was as good in the trash as anything I have ever used. Almost impossible for iron to fool it with a little trick. Pull off the target and approach it with the very front of the coil. If it gives you the iron "grunt" then changes to a high tone once the coil is over the target, it is big iron. At least on mine anyway. I traded it for a T2 SE and wish I had kept it for a loaner or back-up. Not that it plays second fiddle to anything. Just wanted the depth of the T2. A trade off either way ya go.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not been told of any upgrade process for the G2 at this time.... but that could change at any time. We haven't actually been given a release date on the G2+ as of now either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread