Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty common for the made-in-China detectors. They typically have a lot of audio delay, makes pinpointing difficult.

- Carl

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Carl-NC said:
That's pretty common for the made-in-China detectors. They typically have a lot of audio delay, makes pinpointing difficult.

- Carl

Should I buy that Rosseta Stone program and learn to speak Mandarin Chinese???

:wink:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
A $300 Bounty Hunter Landstar beeps on a coin after the coil has gone a foot past it. I think they're made in USA?? HH, George (MN)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dumb Question I Guess,
But could it be a speed thing ?

Monte

Jun 5, 2008
Vale, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact (2), FORS Relic (3), FORS CoRe (2)
Makro Racer 2
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX & Mojave
Makro and Nokta Pinpointers
Killer-B 'Hornet' headphones
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
New generic MD. Paid 159. for it. No name. Seems like when coil passes over a target there is a momentary delayed beep response. Need I be worried?
I wouldn't be worried that it isn't working as designed. I've found that many (not all) off-shore detectors tend to function this was, as do most Garrett and Bounty Hunter and some other First Texas-built detectors. It's just how they are designed.

There are detectors on the market, such as the White's Classic series and the MXT and M6 , as well as Tesoro's detectors, that produce a quick-response and fast-recovery in their motion discriminate mode.

One thing that can help you is to slow your sweep speed down, if it's not already a comfortable slow sweep. Practice with a few surface targets and then learn the best sweep speed for the buried targets you locate before recovery. Hopefully, the model you purchased has a non-motion 'pinpoint' mode that will assist with pinpointing the target.

Monte

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
You think thats bad, try a Ace250 it give you two (2) delayed responses ( ding dong bell tone)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread