Help! Need a Charger for Sea Hunter XL 500 Pulse or Output Volts/amps

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
K

Kentucky Kache

If the polarity matches and it fits the hole, it should be fine.

And, of course, the voltage must match.

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Kentucky Kache said:
If the polarity matches and it fits the hole, it should be fine.

And, of course, the voltage must match.

I need to know the correct voltage that the charger is supposed to send to the detector.

I believe someone wired the Sanyo Cordless Telephone Charger to the plug.
What I don't know is if they put the right voltage charger that this machine is supposed to have to charge batteries efficiently.

It seems to be working but I want to be sure I am not going to wait three days for it to fully charge or that I am going to burn up the charging circuit in the detecor.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
12 VDC at .200 amps works just fine.

Your battery pack is 8.4 volts.

I moded mine to 8 cells and runs 9.6.

You can figure out your charge rate here!

http://www.fly-imaa.org/imaa/hfarticles/electro/v9-3-13.html

Battery Rated Out Put / .200 amp

1200ma rated battery

Divided by .200amp

would be a 6 hour charge.

Attachments

• xl5ooschematic2.jpg
    xl5ooschematic2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 7,702
OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Homefires. Great to have the schematic!

I went to a local store "Batteries Plus" and them made me a battery pack with 7 sub c cells as the manufacturer configured. They only charged me $28.99!!! I soldered them in place and charged them up with the 9VDC charger and I am back in business. Took 24 hours to charge. When I turn the machine on though the battery check it performs at start up, the meter only goes up right between 8 and 9.

Where do your meter go to? I am thinking I might go back for another pack but make it the 8 cell like you did and get a charger from them to charge them instead of using the charging circuit in the machine.

I talked to the factory, they said that the charger that came with the unit was a 24vac but it had a diode in the connector that pulsed the power and brought the voltage down to 12vdc? Sounds to me like I should use a 12vdc charger instead of the Sanyo Cordless Telephone one.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
My Battery check reads between 9 - 10 .

remember I'm useing the extra battery.

Sounds like you have a handle on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread