Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tejon

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
thomas_miles25,

Hi, I seen you are still trying to make up your mind on which Tesoro detector. Here is my take on it. If you can afford it, buy the DeLeon that way you are not going to end up wanting TID that the Vaquero doesn't have. For a coin and jewelry hunter I'll hands down tell you that you will like the DeLeon better. I don't know if you are interested in a used machine but I have a Golden uMax on my ebay store that I used for field testing. It is in excellent condition, priced right, but does not come with a warranty card. The Golden kind of falls between the V and D in that it has audio ID and the notch discrimination feature. I would like you to buy from me but, I'll try to help you further regardless. Joe

OP
OP
thomas_miles25

thomas_miles25

Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
My only thing with the Deleon is that there is no manual ground balance. Do they both have about the same depth? I would think the V would be deeper with the gb. Can you give me a link to your ebay store? I might just buy from you if prices are right. Do you ever have any deals with either of these detectors?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
thomas_miles25,

Don't let the lack of a GB control sway you on the DeLeon unless you live in Oregon. The DeLeon has super depth even without GB. It also IDs perfectly at those depths. Several guys here on Tnet use the DeLeon and they will tell you the same thing.
It is vary rare for me to get in a late model Tesoro such as the DeLeon or Vaquero, nobody gets rid of them and if they do the machines command a ridiculously high price. My ebay link is right here at the bottom of this message block.
Joe

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am sure you would enjoy either machine but if you are wanting TID then of course, the DeLeon would be the best choice. The DeLeon would still get plenty of depth and you can't beat that lifetime warranty! No matter what you get or where you are obligated by the tnet oath to get some pics of finds on here as soon as possible! :wink: :thumbsup: Happy Hunting!

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres how this always plays out, so lets just go there:

Get the DeLeon if you are like 90% of detectorists. You will spend most of your time in 'casual detecting' pursuits, and the D will suit you well. So would the Golden.

Get the Vaquero if you are a "beep and dig" user or fancy yourself a relichead.

Either detector will detect metal, by intended design. They will do it about equally as well, under most conditions. Beyond that they are two different animals, an apples vs. oranges situation. If in doubt, follow Joes advice... he knows his stuff.

If in doubt about the D, read this: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,145276.0.html

OP
OP
thomas_miles25

thomas_miles25

Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Thanks a lot guys I think I am going to go with Joe's advice as well asother peoples and get the Deleon!!! You will be seeing pics of my finds!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions