deleted

C

Cappy Z.

Re: Debunking skeptics

I believe children are special. I believe they have special powers that evaporate with time. When I was about eight years of age I took a twig which I had cut with my cubscout knife and made a forked branch. I walked around the playground for about ten minutes 'dowsing' like i had seen on an old movie, a western, about guys searching for water in the desert..anyway....I got this 'tugging' sensation at a hole where an old swing set once stood. They had changed the park's set up and moved equipment. I knelt down and with the other end of the stick dug down.."for gold" as a child. Soon I started digging up penny after penny. I think I ended up with 50. Back then when you took a penny to the local grocery store...I got a ton of penny candy.

True Story.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006

Skeptics don't need debunking, as they are not the ones making the claims. Therefore, there is nothing to debunk!

Skeptics (TRUE skeptics) only ask people to prove what they claim to be true. They are NOT the same as "disbelievers." Disbelievers say something is NOT true, without even being open to the claim.

I consider myself a skeptic -- I won't believe something is true without proof. This is why I don't believe in "spirit orb photos" but do believe in telepathy. Orbs are too easily explained as ordinary phenomena, but I have personally experienced telepathy!

Some may not believe me when I say this, but I am still skeptical about dowsing. I see no way it can work, but I have not seen proof either way -- so, if someone can prove to me it works, I will believe it. Until then, I am not making up my mind one way or another! (I am tempted to disbelieve in it, based on all the failed experiments I have seen, but I am still unconvinced either way.)

crow12c

Aug 8, 2009

I can make it rain upside down in my head, and I can feel a storm in my chest before it comes, but these wrappers that they put on lunchmeat is like the hardest thing to get open! can it be that he never really knew you in the first place? I found one last year and lost it again the year before. they kept giving them to me so I kept eating them, now my ears seem to run with this jelly like stuff. if you change your batteries you can see better, but the taxes on one will scare you. and yes I agree you cant just walk in and ever get it all right the first trip, they always tell you, oh you need the previous owners signature, so cant we all just get along in here?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread