Need advice

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
Finally I started to locate metals with my 2,L rod /MFD contraption but there doesn't seem to have any metal discrimination. I've downloaded the free tone generator program from http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/index.html on my laptop and simply plug into the ground the wires from the headphone jack. Playing around with various frequencies and waveforms (square,sine,triangle) I've detected and recovered various metals (bullets,cooper wire,aluminum bottle caps,rusted nails) I only get one signal line at a time and it stays there until I dig out the metal that has caused it (pinpointing with a metal detector) Once it's out of the ground usually I get another signal line that leads me to a completely different type of metal. Even worse ,adjusting the volume level (at the same frequency) sends the signal line to different points and there's also no corelation between the volume/amplitude of the signal and the size or type of metal recovered. Does anyone have any idea's on how to atchive discrimination?
Anyway if someone wants to try this and doesn't own a laptop ,using the same program you can create a file with a chosen frequency and a finite duration ,for example 1/2 hour,save it on you're computer as a WAV. file and then simply download it to an MP3 player to be able to take it to the field.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey HiiiQ… I never tried to use a computer but I did make disks and used a boom box. I found that it would take about 5 minutes for all the signal lines to form…..There are a lot of different freqs that will work for gold, I will e-mail the ones I have some time this weekend….Art

OP
OP
HiiiQ

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
Well ,I'm not selling anything. I'm using a free frequency generator program and have posted a link to it. In my opinion using a test target is the wrong way to go. 99% of dowsers can find a test target,yet when they go out in the field they can't find anything and the excuses never end.(private land,too deep,and so on).
When people tell me that they had a dowser pinpoint a treasure I ask them if he came over in a Lamborghini. The answer is always No. Every dowser's rods are swinging. That doesn't mean they are locating gold. It only means that they should buy extra insurance because the rod can hit them in the eye (or something).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread